PDA

View Full Version : "You're 100 to 1. Save your money....."

PokerBob
12-09-2005, 12:18 AM
There is a line like that in HPFAP. Does it apply here?

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
Reads. UTG is a fish (likely 45/15). He knows/fears/respects me. He will not get cute with me.

UTG+1 I have never played with before, but earlier in the session i did se him CC a pf raise with AJo, for whaterve that is worth.

Other fishy dude is irrelevant.

3 limpers to me on the button with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, I gas it. Blinds call because they are dumb, limpers call.

Flop 6 ways (12SB): J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, checks to UTG who bets, UTG+1 calls, fishy calls, I raise, blinds fold, UTG makes it 3, UTG+1 CC's, fishy CC's, I make it 4 (5 is the cap), UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, fishy calls.

Turn 4 ways (14BB): T /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, fishy checks, I bet, UTG now raises, UTG+1 CC's, fishy folds, I 3 bet, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River (23BB): 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG check, UTG+1 now leads, UTG jumps up and begins to rant...i KNOW I have him beat, but does it matter?

damaniac
12-09-2005, 12:31 AM
With no read I just call. People do dumb things on occassion. But yeah, I don't think you are good 4% of the time or whatever, T9 is actually a hand that could be played like this somewhat logically. So could 96.

gonores
12-09-2005, 12:39 AM
You know and I know that this is all about being there, and the only reason you're posting this is because you called and he showed you a 9 or you folded and he showed a bluff or 77 or something.

goofball
12-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Meh. Big pot big hand don't fold grunt. I think that's ok here. A bet and a raise to you sure, go ahead and fold. But one bet, I dunno it's a pretty big tragedy the one time you fold the winner.

DeeJ
12-09-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know and I know that this is all about being there, and the only reason you're posting this is because you called and he showed you a 9 or you folded and he showed a bluff or 77 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. If you're going to be tilted by a decent chance of being shown a bluff, call it down. Persuade yourself that it's a 5% chance, in fact if you add the chance that he has bet out there with 77 to the chance of a bluff you have to call.

BigEndian
12-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Call it a leak, but it a pot this big I would have to be confronted with 3 bets cold to think about folding top set on a board this scary.

- Jim

PokerBob
12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. i called without thinking because the pot was large. that got me thinking.....

sfer
12-09-2005, 11:44 AM
The river is what it is, like Doug said. But any thoughts to calling the flop 3-bet to jam the turn?

PokerBob
12-09-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river is what it is, like Doug said. But any thoughts to calling the flop 3-bet to jam the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered a post where I flopped top set of JJJ on a totally drawless board and intended to wait until the turn and Worm33 said to pound the flop, as there are lotsa overcards that can come that may freeze the flop bettor. With the draw heavy board, I decided to step on the gas and not let up. IYO is this wrong?

bakku
12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered a post where I flopped top set of JJJ on a totally drawless board and intended to wait until the turn and Worm33 said to pound the flop, as there are lotsa overcards that can come that may freeze the flop bettor. With the draw heavy board, I decided to step on the gas and not let up. IYO is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your flop play