PDA

View Full Version : People are strange...Stars players are stranger...

FeliciaLee
07-14-2003, 12:19 PM
I just played the weirdest tournament I have ever played in my life. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Most SNG tourneys last 100 hands or more. Even super maniacal tourneys get to at least 75 hands. We usually play 75-90 minutes or more. Here are the results, and then I will tell the story:

PokerStars Tournament #185929, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $90.00
Tournament started - 2003/07/14 - 10:48:50 (EST)
Tournament finished - 2003/07/14 - 11:22:20 (EST)
1: Player 1(ENGLAND), $45.00 (50%)
2: felicialee (Charles Town), $27.00 (30%)
3: Player3(Watford), $18.00 (20%)
4: Player4(High Wycombe),
5: Player5(boise),
6: Player6(Garland),
7: Player7(Paris),
8: Player8 (Middleburg Heights),
9: Player9 (Oceanside),
You finished in 2nd place (eliminated at hand #81135641)

46 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 8 while in small blind (25%)
- 3 times out of 9 while in big blind (33%)
- 2 times out of 29 in other positions (6%)
- a total of 7 times out of 46 (15%)

Pots won at showdown - 1 out of 3 (33%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

Now, as you can see, this tourney only lasted 30 minutes. We only played 46 hands. This must be close to a record at Stars.

In only one of the 46 hands, was there no one all-in. Only ONCE. And they were going all-in on anything and everything.

I only won one hand, K3o. I was in the blind, and I had to take the chance or I would have been out my next blind (yes, I was that low).

Things started out badly. The first hand, someone was all-in. I didn't know that the game was as maniacal as it turned out to be, just assuming that maybe a couple of players had monster hands. I should have been more wary, because on the second hand, I was dealt pocket Kings. It was raised before it ever got to me, called in 3 places, and I reraised to 500 chips (over 20x the bb). I got called in one place. When an ace hit the flop, the caller went all-in. I thought about it for a while, but decided to lay down my Kings and live to fight another day. This left me crippled at about 800 chips (starting at 1500). I knew I could make a comeback if I waited.

People started busting out left and right. Almost every other hand!

I finally got dealt pocket eights and called a very small all-in. We checked it down. The all-in went all-out, but the other caller had pocket Jacks. Now I was really hurting at about 350 chips, but the blinds were still so low at 15/30, that I knew I could hang on for a really long time.

I wasn't thinking Sklansky at that point. I was still thinking I would catch a good monster and trap several players, boosting me back up to about 1k, where I would have some room to maneuver.

As you can see from my stats up top, I was only able to see the flop from the BB twice. Yes, they were that crazy. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

When we got down to four, believe it or not, these people people were just as nuts as the earlier players. I won that K3o hand in the BB, but that was it. That boosted me back up to 350, having been blinded down paying such frequent blinds four-handed.

I folded virtually everything else, just praying one of the all-in's would be all-out and I could sneak into third. Sklansky was foremost in my mind by that time, I wasn't praying for a monster anymore to bail me out. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

The chip lead was the luckiest maniac of all. He was making everything. He stayed in every, single hand, being that he has 6k, 7k, 8k, 9k, 10k, and could afford it. He made every draw, every pair, every hand. He would call an all-in with 72o and make trip deuces on the flop (yes, I have the hand history to prove it). He would call an all-in with any suited cards and make his flush by the river.

I paid my blinds during the last round and had only 75 chips left, lol. When I was UTG, this happened...

Seat 2: Player1(12255 in chips)
Seat 5: felicialee (75 in chips)
Seat 8: Player8(865 in chips)
Seat 9: Player9 (305 in chips)
Player9: posts small blind 50
Player1: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to felicialee [Th 9c]
felicialee: folds
Player8: raises 300 to 400
Player9: calls 255 and is all-in
Player1: raises 300 to 700
Player8: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [8s 2h 7s]
Player1: checks
Player8: checks
*** TURN *** [8s 2h 7s] [2s]
Player1: bets 400
Player8: calls 165 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [8s 2h 7s 2s] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Player1: shows [Js 9s] (a flush, Jack high)
Player8: shows [As Kd] (a pair of Deuces)
Player1 collected 1120 from side pot
Player9: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
Player1 collected 915 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2035 Main pot 915. Side pot 1120. | Rake 0
Board [8s 2h 7s 2s 5h]
Seat 2: Player1(big blind) showed [Js 9s] and won (2035) with a flush,
Jack high
Seat 5: felicialee folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Player8(button) showed [As Kd] and lost with a pair of
Deuces
Seat 9: Player9(small blind) showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pair,
Queens and Deuces

So in an instant, I went from having 75 chips, and a sure bubble, to being propelled into 2nd place. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

My very next hand I was all-in as the BB. I was dealt 72o, what a cliche, and, of course, I was gone.

$27.00 for playing 3 hands. What a coup.

Sklansky LIVES!

punkass
07-14-2003, 12:38 PM
And once upon a time, you hated playing with the Brits.
Congrats on your hard fought 2nd place finishing. Hope today is a good day for you. I should be on Stars after work.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Nice one. Hey, are you playing in the Zoo stud tourney on Wednesday?

FeliciaLee
07-14-2003, 01:47 PM
<< Hey, are you playing in the Zoo stud tourney on Wednesday? >>

Yes, probably. Since our house has sold, we have weird things going on at weird times (inspections, etc). So I'm not signing up until the last minute, just in case.

I figure that it's free, even if I do have to play other 2+2er's, lol. I got that $20 July 4th FPP bonus. Yippee!

See you there!