PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 TPTK crappy board

Percussion
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
is this just chip spewing?
PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Not one single raise in the entire hand, impressive /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, preflop you have to cap. You have no reads, but at that point obviously MP2 has a strong hand 3-betting, but there's two others in the hand and extracting bets when you have an equity edge is a must.

Throw in a checkraise on the flop, and probably cap it if it's three-bet, but then I would go into call-down mode (unless you got two others that keep betting and raising).

12-09-2005, 01:12 AM
I really want to raise somewhere but I think it's only going to cost money. + It's unlikely you have the best hand.

You've got a raiser, a 3bettor and a 3bet cold caller, so c/raising the flop isn't likely to do any good. TPTK is probably a dog here. Getting to showdown as cheaply as possible is the goal, which you acheived.

And I don't mind not capping preflop out of position.

I play the whole hand the same.

You could maybe bet/fold the river?

SlyGuy
12-09-2005, 02:14 AM
Raise the flop.

Redd
12-09-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's unlikely you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads help here, but IMO it's quite likely that we have the best hand. It's likely enough and the probablility of folding another king is good enough to check-raise the flop. I plan on c/ring the pf 3-bettor but when it's checked through I'd raise the LP flop bettor instead.
The weird check behind could be an underpair that's giving up completely, or a BIMO set. I raise the flop for value and then find out which it is by his reaction.