PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with my iPod?

12-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Yesterday it worked fine. Then today I go to plug it into the charger and nothing happens. Usually the charging screen comes up, but this time nothing. I try turning it on and nothing is still happening. I tried plugging it in at work into the computer with the same result (the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in). It is an iPod color 20gb and it was purchased in the middle of July. It has never fell from anything. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Now I have to walk around campus in 5 degree weather with no music to listen to and I don't like it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yeti
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Tried resetting it I guess?

12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday it worked fine. Then today I go to plug it into the charger and nothing happens. Usually the charging screen comes up, but this time nothing. I try turning it on and nothing is still happening. I tried plugging it in at work into the computer with the same result (the computer doesn't recognize that it is plugged in). It is an iPod color 20gb and it was purchased in the middle of July. It has never fell from anything. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Now I have to walk around campus in 5 degree weather with no music to listen to and I don't like it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not suer if this is the issue, but you do know that once the batteries die, they wont give you or sell you a new one... you have to buy a new ipod.

not freakin worth it.

Matt24
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
how long do the batteries last? I had a 4 GB that Empire sent as part of a Royal Flush Raffle and I had it down at Caesars Indiana during the WSOP-C and some guy wanted it for $400 cash so I sold it, but I plan on getting the 60 GB video one.

benza13
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I think its broken.

afk
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Did you try resetting it?

12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't know how to going about resetting it. Is there some special you can push. This thing is totally unresponsive.

Tron
12-08-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not suer if this is the issue, but you do know that once the batteries die, they wont give you or sell you a new one... you have to buy a new ipod.

not freakin worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't been true for like 2 years.

LBJ
12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Str8,

To reset, hold the center button on the wheel and menu at the same time for a mini.

EDIT: I see you have a 20 gb. Hold on the 2 center buttons in the row of 4. Hold it for like 8 seconds till the Apple pops up.

tonypaladino
12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Behemoth,

Batteries can be changed at any Apple Store or authorized Apple service providers.

12-08-2005, 09:35 PM
It worked!!! Actaully the newer 20 gb's have the click wheel. Thanks for not making me have to wait to get home to read the manual. You guys rock.

Pudge714
12-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Same thing happened to me first I gave it to a friend to see if it was the charger of the Ipod. Then when I found out it was the Ipod I just brought into Best Buy and gave them my warranty. They gave me a loaner while they shipped the other one.

12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Behemoth,

Batteries can be changed at any Apple Store or authorized Apple service providers.

[/ QUOTE ]

well [censored].

oh well, I still wont get one, too faddish for me, not to mention that there are better ones out there... but hey! good news for you!

tonypaladino
12-08-2005, 09:38 PM
I thought there were better ones too. Then I bought an iRiver and cried and exchanged it for an iPod.

Tron
12-08-2005, 10:31 PM
For the most part, this
[ QUOTE ]
there are better ones out there

[/ QUOTE ]
is only true for people that would use this
[ QUOTE ]
too faddish for me

[/ QUOTE ]
as a legitimate reason for not buying something.

12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the most part, this
[ QUOTE ]
there are better ones out there

[/ QUOTE ]
is only true for people that would use this
[ QUOTE ]
too faddish for me

[/ QUOTE ]
as a legitimate reason for not buying something.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh?

so you would state that unequivocally the ipod is the best one out there?

Let it be noted that I am a poor college student for whom "better" means more bang for the buck.

and as far as me saying they are a fad, look the hell around.

Tron
12-09-2005, 12:12 AM
behemoth,

I never said you weren't correct in saying that the iPod is a fad, I said that saying the iPod is a fad is a stupid reason for not buying one. iPods aren't fads in the same sense that snap bracelets and popped collars were, they are a fad because they are the best MP3 player available (for most people).

Obviously, I wouldn't state unequivocally that the iPod is the best MP3 player avaiable, as evidenced by my use of "For the most part..."

However, I would say that the iPod is the best MP3 player for an enormous majority of the MP3-player-purchasing population; the minority being audiophiles and such who claim they can tell the difference between lossless audio and otherwise. Most people can't.

TRON

12-09-2005, 12:28 AM
oh, I dont care about lossless audio, been to too many concerts for that. I just meant for options and such, I felt that the ipod was limited.

Of course I havent looked into them recently as is evidenced by the "rechargable battery" scandal.

while we're on the subject... is the video one even worth it? I smell file type discrimination.

Tron
12-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Out of the box, you're limited to videos purchased from the iTunes Music Store, but I've heard it's pretty easy to crack