PDA

View Full Version : SNG - $10+1 PokerStars. HU, with the chip lead

punkass
07-14-2003, 10:22 AM
You have the chip lead heads up in a 9-player table SNG NL HE.

Blinds are relatively cheap. I believe they were at 300/600 with an ante. I have about 8000 chips. Opponent has around 5000.

I've been playing rather aggressively, and stealing the blinds/antes at a frequent pace. He is also playing rather passively, folding to me many times, giving me the antes/blinds uncontested.

I have 22. I raise to 1200 (the same amount ive been raising the last few hands). Then he goes all in. Do you call?

CORRECTION: Sorry, the blinds were 150/300. My raises have been to 1200. The way it is written above, my raises would have been the minimum, which I never do.

Big Mouth
07-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Fold he has you beat why double him up, he had folded to you nearly everyhand so smells like he had a bighand, you raised and for the 1st he reraised I think the fold is easy here............... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Bama Boy
07-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Easy fold. Had he called and you flopped a 2, then you'd have it made, but since he reraised you all in. He probably holds suited faces at a minimum, and you'd be a coin-flip from losing your chip position or winning. If you had to leave very quickly, and had seen nothing better to play, then of course a call is justified /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

jon_1van
07-14-2003, 11:25 AM
I have to agree with the fold.

For these reasons:
-He's been passive in the past...ie he probably does have decent hand
-It is hard to deal a hand that your 2s can beat more than 54 (or so) percent of the times. For instance 7 T unsuited is a coin flip (50.6% vs 49.4%).
-If the opponent has 4s (or another pair) you are screwed
-Why risk it if you are in such good position to make it to the money. Wait to battle versus a small stack...or at least until you get some compensation.

punkass
07-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Ok, so consensus is to fold. And I would have to agree.
But at the time of the hand, something in my brain said to call him.

I called him all in with my pair of 2s. He shows T9o. He rivers a T and he has the chip lead now.

I definitely agree with folding now. Now I know.