PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 pair, what can I beat?

blackaces13
12-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Pokerroom 2/4 (10 handed)

UTG+2 is a solid player. He has good/tight preflop standards, probably tighter than me but not much. Same goes for his preflop raising standards from what I've seen.

PREFLOP: Hero is in the CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds , UTG+2 calls, 1 fold , MP2 calls, 1 fold , Hero calls, button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

FLOP: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 players, 6 SBs)
Both blinds check, <font color="red"> UTG+2 bets </font> , MP2 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , 3 folds , UTG+1 calls.

TURN: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players, 5BBs)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+2 calls.

River: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players, 6.5 BBs)
UTG+2 checks, Hero...

imported_smoove
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing UTG+1 went all in on the flop? UTG+2 probably wouldn't lead out with a flush draw, knowing you're likely to raise him and blow everyone out. I'm really confused as to what he open limped with that still has him in this hand (and just checking). Sigh...I'd fire one more on the river.

blackaces13
12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing UTG+1 went all in on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

imported_smoove
12-08-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing UTG+1 went all in on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too...says he folded preflop. Edit: Sorry, I'm tired--that was obviously supposed to read UTG+2.

BWebb
12-08-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 probably wouldn't lead out with a flush draw, knowing you're likely to raise him and blow everyone out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would he know that?

As for the hand, if he is a tight player, I can't think of a hand that he calls with that you beat with the exception of AJ. A flush draw looks very possible, so if it's somtheing like Ax he's not calling anyway. I check behind.

imported_smoove
12-08-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 probably wouldn't lead out with a flush draw, knowing you're likely to raise him and blow everyone out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would he know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops...how did I get into my head that Hero raised preflop? I really am tired and should probably stop posting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif But now doesn't that make it more likely that Villain might have open limped with Axs and then led the flop with his flush draw?

Redd
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
IMO you need to bet it. If he caught the backdoor/gutshot straight he was chasing, then that's poker.

BWebb
12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO you need to bet it. If he caught the backdoor/gutshot straight he was chasing, then that's poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just not the straight, but what about 2 pair? He's was described as solid preflop. His hand range is very narrow: AJ, KJs, QJs, J10s, Q10s, K10:clubs:. The number of hands he can have that beat us is far greater than the number of hands we beat.

BWebb
12-08-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But now doesn't that make it more likely that Villain might have open limped with Axs and then led the flop with his flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he raises AKs and AQs in clubs, what Axs hands will he call with?

blackaces13
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His hand range is very narrow: AJ, KJs, QJs, J10s, Q10s, K10:clubs:. The number of hands he can have that beat us is far greater than the number of hands we beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for saving me the time it would have taken to write that. Sums it up about perfectly.