PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

12-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't use PT right now, but I sometimes see it mentionned once in a while.

Is it valuable for MTT? Should everybody use it?

As a beginner with it, what is the most important stat that you are looking for?

Sorry, if that has been discussed before.

12-08-2005, 07:55 PM
u can use it in stars MTT but sometimes its hard to guage how ppl play cuz people play differently early and differently later because of the blinds. But it can help you with people you have just met but have been at their table for a while. It's mainly for limit games where knowing how your opponent plays is essential. It keeps track of how often they put money in preflop, how often they raise preflop, and overall how aggressive they are with a lot of other stuff like how often they fold on each street, etc... I like it a lot.

parax
12-08-2005, 08:11 PM
being still a beginner..... I definatley recoomend it.

Sure it keeps track of other players... but i think it's worth more to analyize YOUR play......

I re-run my SNG's in the hand playback mode all the time , I see what i did wrong or right , try to learn from it.....etc etc.

It always keeps probably every stat imaginable for your own hands (others as wel , but how many hands could you possible have for another person unless you play with them ALL the time)

For example I can see all the time i've played QQ from the button , with a raise in front of me...

Or the lifelong stats of how my AA held up ....a nice 89% so far (19 times received AA , out of 5233 recorded hands)..

And my worst hand.......*drumroll *...T2o (apparently i'm no Doyle)

Down load it (www.pokertracker.com) try it out (you can load 1000 hands into the DB for trail users , don't quote me exactly)

But to answer your question , The most important think you should start with if you do get poker tracker , is reviewing your hand histories and learning from them.

As for MTT's? I guess it depends on getting info on other players. You'd need to get a decent samplesize of thier hands to really get some solid info out of PT about them.....

Hope that helps....