PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS: Friend Codes

chiachu
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Anyone else playing on nintendo wifi? Post what game and your friend code.

Animal Crossing
5111-6189-8382

chiachu
12-09-2005, 12:09 AM
aw come on... i know ppl are playing mario kart and stuff /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12-09-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aw come on... i know ppl are playing mario kart and stuff /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow here. Mario Kart is my next purchase for it, but overall I've been very disappointed in my DS.

12-09-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow here. Mario Kart is my next purchase for it, but overall I've been very disappointed in my DS.

[/ QUOTE ]

what have you been playing? I love mine!

alot better than the damn PSP

astroglide
12-09-2005, 12:25 AM
dawn of sorrow is insanely good. so is meteos. if you've never played an advance wars game go for that too.

12-09-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I played Mario DS and didn't touch it again until Castlevania: DS (which rocks ass by the way). Mario Kart is awesome but I think that the DS suffers from the disease my 64, and gamecube suffer from. There are a bunch of terrible games released but then there are always like 3 gems a year. The only reason I prefer my PSP over my DS is because I have emulators on it. To tell you the truth the PSP has dissapointed me also, except for Lumines and GTA. I do like the PSP's screen much better and would gladly give up the stylus for it on the DS.

12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I played Mario DS and didn't touch it again until Castlevania: DS (which rocks ass by the way). Mario Kart is awesome but I think that the DS suffers from the disease my 64, and gamecube suffer from. There are a bunch of terrible games released but then there are always like 3 gems a year. The only reason I prefer my PSP over my DS is because I have emulators on it. To tell you the truth the PSP has dissapointed me also, except for Lumines and GTA. I do like the PSP's screen much better and would gladly give up the stylus for it on the DS.

[/ QUOTE ]

worry not, alot of the good 3rd party games (which the earlier nintendo systems lacked) are coming at the beginning of the year.

12-09-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

worry not, alot of the good 3rd party games (which the earlier nintendo systems lacked) are coming at the beginning of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes me happy. I agree, Nintendo has never really had 3rd party support, which all to often makes or breaks a system.

splashpot
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
worry not, alot of the good 3rd party games (which the earlier nintendo systems lacked) are coming at the beginning of the year

[/ QUOTE ]
Like what?? I'm just wondering. What are some of the most anticipated games coming out?

12-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Castlevanias never seem to disappoint. I've heard of Advanced Wars and all I have heard are great things. I played it once on GBA but had no idea how to play. I think I'll check it out.

12-09-2005, 01:07 AM
off the top of my head, a wifi dynasty warriors, but I will ask my nintendo rep about it.

I'll let you know.

MarkSummers
12-09-2005, 01:08 AM
mario kart anyone? friend code: 463916-660938

1C5
12-09-2005, 01:10 AM
friend code? what does that mean and what does it do?

chiachu
12-09-2005, 01:16 AM
i just got my ds yesterday. Planning on checking out trauma center, phoenix wright and castlevania eventually though.

so nobodys playing animal crossing.. too cutesy i suppose? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

chiachu
12-09-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
friend code? what does that mean and what does it do?

[/ QUOTE ]

it allows you to play with/against that person... kinda of like a screename for nintendo wifi.

12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just got my ds yesterday. Planning on checking out trauma center, phoenix wright and castlevania eventually though.

so nobodys playing animal crossing.. too cutesy i suppose? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain a little bit about what this game actually IS?

splashpot
12-09-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got one today. But I only have Mario Kart and the new Mario and Luigi RPG game. Plus I haven't set up my wifi yet.

MarkSummers
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
you really don't have to do much setting up if you have a wireless router or are in a hotspot.

splashpot
12-09-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you really don't have to do much setting up if you have a wireless router or are in a hotspot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't. At least not at the moment.

tpir90036
12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gamecube version of AC totally altered my life. I actually woke up earlier than I do for work to play it a few times when I need to show up at the town square for the internal clock once-a-year calendar events.

I do not need that again. (Plus it doesn't seem that different and they took the NES games out of it {boo}).

astroglide
12-09-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except it won't work if you use decent encryption

12-09-2005, 02:03 AM
can't it do 64-bit ascii/hex? g00t enough for me.

12-09-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gamecube version of AC totally altered my life. I actually woke up earlier than I do for work to play it a few times when I need to show up at the town square for the internal clock once-a-year calendar events.

I do not need that again. (Plus it doesn't seem that different and they took the NES games out of it {boo}).

[/ QUOTE ]

the only real change about it is that there's more interaction between players. Its all good about the NES games, when the revolution comes out, you'll be able to play NES and SNES downloads on it.

astroglide
12-09-2005, 02:14 AM
wep is completely useless. it can be broken automatically, in minutes.

my gf plays stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon, i'll get to see animal crossing ds through that. i have nintendogs and i've spent a total of maybe 10 minutes with it though, doesn't interest me but i can see the value.

chiachu
12-09-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never played the GC version of animal crossing. The reason i wanted to try this game was because i used to waste way too much time playing harvest moon (the snes/n64 versions, didnt like the cube version very much.

chiachu
12-09-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

my gf plays stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon, i'll get to see animal crossing ds through that. i have nintendogs and i've spent a total of maybe 10 minutes with it though, doesn't interest me but i can see the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the encryption was a bit of an issue at my apartment. Two of us have a DS, and want to use our router as an access point.

To help, we have explicitly listed the MAC addys that are allowed to connect to the router to help with this. As well as stopped broadcasting the connection. How big of a problem do you think it would be after this? We decided it was good enough. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

astroglide
12-09-2005, 03:24 AM
if anybody wants to break into it they will still be able to, even with mac filters and no ssid broadcast. macs can be spoofed and networks are still broadcast even if they don't make standard advertisements.

chiachu
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
damn... guess the best option would be to try to break into someone elses connection, and just use that to connect /images/graemlins/crazy.gif