PDA

View Full Version : corn futures bullish butterfly....

scalf
07-14-2003, 07:56 AM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif commodity alert...

corn futures unique technical situation currently.....

very bullish...

do not trade without your own due diligence...gl /forums/images/icons/club.gif

scalf
07-14-2003, 08:03 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif for academic purposes only....

buy dec 2.20 caLLS AT .08/B...(400.00/CONTRACT)

looking for rise to 2000.00 per contract...

not a recommendation...merely for entertainment purposes....

gl..july 14, 2003..8000 am est /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Ray Zee
07-14-2003, 08:46 PM
butterfiles are not bullish on corn. matter of fact with 1/3 or the corn we now grow is genetically engineered, with herbicides to kill bugs, the monark butterflies arent fairing well.
plus with this years good rains early and lots of sunshine we should see many crop prices falling sometime.

Ashe
07-15-2003, 04:47 PM
butterfly as in chart? or as in bug?
Where can I view good, current commodities charts?

Thanks /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

hillbilly
07-17-2003, 08:21 AM
http://futures.tradingcharts.com/menu.html

there are a few pop-ups you have to click off and contend with but this site will give you daily, weekly, monthly charts for free for just about any commodity. a great site.

corn sure likes like a head and shoulder top to me, and combined with ray's astute fundamental analysis, heh, corn looks like a sell to me, however, i've seen enough to know what ought to happen does not necessarily happen.

i much prefer to lose a big pot to a one outer, than give my money to the commodities pit, (at least there, in the card game, i know i got my money in with the BEST of it)...best wishes

Ashe
07-17-2003, 10:16 AM
/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Ray Zee
07-18-2003, 12:31 PM
thanks for the site hillbilly. i thought you left us for good and run off with your first cousin. you know the one that still has a tooth.

i wish i knew enough about corn futures but it seems like it would be too much of a tassel to follow the market.

hillbilly
07-18-2003, 04:08 PM
why'd you run spm off? he tole'd some good stories...

the futures market is an easy fold, i know you play way to "cornservative" to fool with it...

heh, yer nephew, hillbilly

hillbilly
07-19-2003, 09:44 PM
don't let scalf know you are studying charts, or you will never here the end of it...

uh, i'm still in your will, right?

Ray Zee
07-20-2003, 12:52 AM
the only charts scalfs reads are those put out by star gazers and palm readers and voodoo doctors. when he first came to the forums he was quite sane, but after at time he poped his cork. he is in for self diagnosis. it proves those that follow the forums go nuts.

scalf
07-21-2003, 12:50 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif i was clearly certified as insane before i ever posted on 2+2...do not try to take credit for that...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

scalf
08-19-2003, 07:48 AM
/images/graemlins/cool.gifwell,i waited one week...no one caught it....

on tues 8-12, the usda reported smaller than expected carry on corn (and beans)...dec corn gapped up .13 finished day at limit up .15.

the specific option trade i proposed is now doubled; the bullish sentiment is 77% (according to recent trader survey)...and being a contrarian, i have sold one half my position, to ensure a small gain...dec corn to 3.00???

not bad when resident wizard(s) scoffed and said rains and good weather meant low prices...

the old blind sow found an acorn...gl /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ray Zee
08-19-2003, 10:20 AM
well you kept your ear open and stalked a good buy. its always nice to see a kernel of success.

scalf
08-20-2003, 07:15 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gifserves me right...-5.25 yest...may fill gap going down...liquidate dec corn now...(still very bullish, but turmoil here may burn all profits while market settles...gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif