PDA

View Full Version : Playing from the blinds: J9o

Scuba Chuck
12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t790)
MP3 (t775)
CO (t895)
Button (t360)
Hero (t785)
BB (t825)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t895)
UTG+2 (t1075)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t95) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t55</font>, BB calls t55, CO calls t55, Button folds.

Turn: (t260) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, BB folds, CO calls t150.

River: (t560) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t250</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t810

mlagoo
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
river fold is obvious at that point... you're beating pretty much nothing.

the earlier streets im not so sure on. for some reason the turn really strikes me as spewing. i think i normally check/fold here on the turn.

i think the thing about SNGs is that we want to play good poker, but the amount of chips we have doesnt always allow us. i often find myself mucking TPGK because i dont have enough chips to define my opponents hand, really. and the whole pre-cash game raptor idea that we could probably muck our cards for the first two-three levels and still have a positive ROI. getting involved in marginal situations in these levels just sucks.

bigt439
12-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Yup. Fine.

pineapple888
12-08-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
river fold is obvious at that point... you're beating pretty much nothing.

the earlier streets im not so sure on. for some reason the turn really strikes me as spewing. i think i normally check/fold here on the turn.

i think the thing about SNGs is that we want to play good poker, but the amount of chips we have doesnt always allow us. i often find myself mucking TPGK because i dont have enough chips to define my opponents hand, really. and the whole pre-cash game raptor idea that we could probably muck our cards for the first two-three levels and still have a positive ROI. getting involved in marginal situations in these levels just sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, bet the flop looks good, but I shut down on the turn with two callers esp. when the board pairs.

GtrHtr
12-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Besides not folding PF your problems really began on the flop. Bet the pot at least there. You likely have the best hand on the flop and will likely not have the best hand after more cards begin to fall.

edit: removed incorrect term.

mlagoo
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides not folding PF your problems really began on the flop. Bet the pot at least there. You likely have the best hand on the flop and will likely not have the best hand after more cards begin to fall. Nice place for a blocking bet IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

im thinking you are misunderstanding the term blocking bet.

GtrHtr
12-08-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Besides not folding PF your problems really began on the flop. Bet the pot at least there. You likely have the best hand on the flop and will likely not have the best hand after more cards begin to fall. Nice place for a blocking bet IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very likely, I consider a blocking bet one that in this case, discourages draws.

mlagoo
12-08-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very likely, I consider a blocking bet one that in this case, discourages draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, i think people normally use the term for river play, and its usually a sort of half-value, half-pot control bet when you want to get money in the pot from worse hands, but dont want to call a potentially bigger bet from better hands. and also allows you to fold if raised.

im not sure i did a good job of explaining that =/