PDA

View Full Version : overpair on the flop, Can I fold this?

12-08-2005, 05:08 PM
sorry guys I forgot to save the history, i'll remember next time, this is what happened:
Party Poker 33$ SitNgo 10 ppl(blinds 10/15)
game just started everybody has 800 chips
Hero is UTG with KK, raise to 70
MP minimum raises, all fold, big blind calls.
I reraise to 400, MP calls, big blind calls.
Flop (pot 1210) is
Q93 two hearts
Big blind bets 125, i raise all in for 400
MP is the guy i'm trying to analyze
any thoughts?
I put him on queens at first but then maybe aces (aces would've been a [censored] up play but he shoudl've pushed with queens, but at this level half the players are mad fish and game just started so I dont know what he's like)
Should I have folded given the situation even though the pot's this big? I mean I didn't respect the flop raiser he was probably just a fish who has to "defend" his big blind.
But MP to act behind me scares me a little)

any advice appreciated

TEBPilot
12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
No matter what hit on the flop, you committed yourself to the pot before the flop. After the flop, the pot has 1200t and you have 400t. There is too much money in the pot to fold KK with no ace on the board.

This early in the tourney, there are people making all kinds of crazy plays. AA is always a possibility, but so is 10,10 AK, AQ, and other low pairs.

No way to get away from that one.

12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Not a chance I'm folding here to be honest, as been said you're already committed to the pot, I may even just stick it all in PF rather than re-raising to 400, but either is fine IMO.

12-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Yah, given the pot commitment It'd be too difficult to fold especially with all the fish that play in this leve, i've seen calls here made with a6 reraising all in with no pair. But it still bugs me. What happened was MP called my all in and showed pocket queens. (exactly what I told myself he had PF) after i got knocked out it felt to me that this might've been one of those hands I cuodl've gotten away from. I didn't raise all in PF because I wanted some action from these loose players, the chance of them hitting is pretty small, and if I triple up I'd almost certainly finish in the money. BB called and showed down a flush draw and missed.