PDA

View Full Version : Simple BB question from weak game

curtains
07-14-2003, 03:38 AM
If you are in a low limit holdem game with weak plaeyrs....ie 2-4 Partypoker game, and it comes with one raise to your big blind with 2 other calls, should one be calling with T9o? 98o? What would you guys say the worst hand is that you should call with in spots like this.

tj00
07-14-2003, 05:34 AM
I would want 4 or 5 callers for me to call another bet. 98o would be about as low as I would go. I would also factor in whether or not I was closing the action. This may be too tight though.

Ed Miller
07-14-2003, 06:19 AM
I generally dump the offsuit cards in this spot and call relatively liberally with suited cards... especially connectors and suited big cards.

Dynasty
07-14-2003, 07:55 AM
You should want at least 5 opponents to give you both good odds to flop a draw and lots of opponents to pay you off when you hit. With 4 opponents, it's a marginal call at best and probably something new players should avoid.

bernie
07-14-2003, 09:36 AM
some weak players have high/tight raising standards. this is what you should also factor in calling the raise. remember, some players who will limp with anything ONLY raise with premiums.

personally, id much rather be suited

just a thought

b