PDA

View Full Version : 11-33: It's always player-dependent. I know.

IdiotVig
12-08-2005, 03:42 PM
You're not alone, Chuck. My blind play sucks recently (or, at least I've noticed it sucking recently -- could've been a lot longer than that). Anyway.

Assume a Party 11-33. Assume you have had no confrontations with Villain, but you have been observing Villain's play.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1620)
Hero (t1370)
UTG (t1583)
MP (t2300)
Button (t1127)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
3 folds, SB raises to t300, Hero ?

mlagoo
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
39% muck at this point?

HWA?!

man i push this against all but the tightest opponents.

IdiotVig
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Okay, so the first question seems to be pretty well divided. Muckers? Care to define your pushing ranges here? Pushers? Is this a minimum push for you? Or will you come over the top with less?

bones
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
One reason I'm not thrilled about giving out my screenname is how I play from the bb in this spot. I shove a TON of hands. Wouldn't think twice about A9 here, unless I had some ninja read on sb.

jeffraider
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
11-33: It's NEVER player-dependant.

lol

brimstone1
12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Bones, why are we so desperately looking for a confrontation here with a hand thats open to domination by 9 hands (TT+, AT+) and also a 60/40 flip at best with about anything else when we have 13BB?

Can we really narrow his range into <A9, <99 and confidently dominate him or take the 55/45 flip?

12-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Because it's very unlikely to actually be a confrontation. Most likely, the SB has a marginal hand and is trying to pick up the BB. I push very quickly here if this is the first time this situation arises. I'm more hesitant to push this more than once, as it's likely the SB has caught on and won't be raising with junk.

mlagoo
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
The tightest range for SB is probably something like 66+, KT+, QT+, A8+... the loosest range is any two cards. This is a suuuuuper easy push, IMO. I feel like i'm missing something, because so many people voted to muck it.

bones
12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bones, why are we so desperately looking for a confrontation here with a hand thats open to domination by 9 hands (TT+, AT+) and also a 60/40 flip at best with about anything else when we have 13BB?

Can we really narrow his range into <A9, <99 and confidently dominate him or take the 55/45 flip?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I waited until I KNEW I had the best of it to push and you knew this, wouldn't you take my blind every time?

I'm not playing this hand for value, although it has some and is certainly not a bad hand against the other blind. Think about what hands you'd raise out of the sb here. KT- sure. 44- definitely. A5- Yup. Lots of players will raise any 2 here.

Also making plays like this will usually improve your chances of getting a walk later when the blinds are higher, which is definitely +ev.

pineapple888
12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The tightest range for SB is probably something like 66+, KT+, QT+, A8+... the loosest range is any two cards. This is a suuuuuper easy push, IMO. I feel like i'm missing something, because so many people voted to muck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause in my experience most players at the 11s-33s are thrilled to just complete here with anything but a premium hand.

At higher levels, I'd be much more likely to push.