PDA

View Full Version : A3 flush board.

ReadyEddie
12-08-2005, 02:12 PM
villain is unknown...
a-ok?

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB.

12-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I like the flop bet, you have a marginal made hand with a nut flush draw as well as a back door wheel draw. You may even consider going for a check raise . . . . you got a bunch of folds anyway so no big deal . . . on to the turn!

I 3 bet here, your hand is much stronger now!! You have Aces up, with a draw to the nut flush or a full house!! Challenge the button on the Turn! You may lose to a flush but don't give him credit for a made hand quite yet. If he caps you; call and hope for one of your outs to hit. You will certainly be correct to call.

SuitedDucks
12-08-2005, 02:52 PM
i thin i play it the same. im not a huge fan of 3betting the turn. villain has raised you on both the flop and the turn, so hes indicating some strength, and i dont really wanna get capped here. you do know that he cant have the nut flush, but against an unknown im happy to just call down from here. i think you lose to a smaller flush and/or set most of the time.

Fat Nicky
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
what does everyone think about check/raising the turn???

jackdaniels
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Holding the "fake flush" (A /images/graemlins/heart.gif) allows you to represent the nut flush and as such aren't likely to get 3-bet (although that wouldn't be terrible as you can still draw to another /images/graemlins/heart.gif). I'm guessing you are against a small flush or a set here considering the action, but you have outs to beat both.

sean c
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Nicky i think the risk of it getting checked through here is pretty high.

jason_t
12-08-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Letting this get checked through wouldn't be a diaster, but it sure would be missing a lot of value.