PDA

View Full Version : JJ early hand at 11's: bad push/call?

12-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Help on all streets appreciated...don't have converter on this computer, sorry. Where did I go wrong with this one? Figured my overpair would have been good against any hands that would have called, or even reraised. Worst case scenario, I thought I was looking at a set.

***** Hand History for Game 3165226480 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18096465 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Thursday, December 08, 11:17:20 EDT 2005
Table Table 67257 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Papa8Georgio ( $790 )
Seat 10: dave1mo ( $785 )
Seat 1: jackflash63 ( $775 )
Seat 9: Scrap53 ( $1195 )
Seat 3: jjmmercury ( $785 )
Seat 7: EnsignSims ( $815 )
Seat 8: formaltheory ( $525 )
Seat 6: cpallo01 ( $820 )
Seat 4: Raifman ( $800 )
Seat 5: whitney88 ( $710 )
Trny:18096465 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to dave1mo [ Jd Js ]
whitney88 folds.
cpallo01 folds.
EnsignSims folds.
formaltheory folds.
Scrap53 folds.
dave1mo raises [45].
jackflash63 calls [45].
Papa8Georgio folds.
jjmmercury folds.
Raifman calls [30].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, Td, 9h ]
Raifman checks.
dave1mo bets [125].
jackflash63 calls [125].
Raifman raises [500].
dave1mo is all-In [615]
jackflash63 is all-In [605]
Raifman calls [240].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]

Karak567
12-08-2005, 01:19 PM
My biggest concern here is the fact taht jackflash63 smooth called right behind and then you have the raise by Raifman behind that.

I think QQ+ is a lot harder decision than JJ.

Then again, maybe all my NL cash game play has made me weak/tight.

12-08-2005, 01:23 PM
For some reason I figured the call behind me was a donk trying to draw to a straight behind me. Then again, it's too early for assumptions like that. It was probably a bad move, but I have a hard time laying down an overpair to a relatively uncoordinated flop like that.

bluef0x
12-08-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I figured the call behind me was a donk trying to draw to a straight behind me. Then again, it's too early for assumptions like that. It was probably a bad move, but I have a hard time laying down an overpair to a relatively uncoordinated flop like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always think that after the time someone has two pair, but I've stacked so many more people with an overpair here vs times I run into two pair. I call this.

citanul
12-08-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest concern here is the fact taht jackflash63 smooth called right behind and then you have the raise by Raifman behind that.

[/ QUOTE ]

but, but, the only hand that's beating JJ that isn't beating QQ is QQ. i don't think that adding that one hand to the mix is making that much of a difference. unless QJ is behind QQ but ahead of JJ?

Karak567
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but, but, the only hand that's beating JJ that isn't beating QQ is QQ. i don't think that adding that one hand to the mix is making that much of a difference. unless QJ is behind QQ but ahead of JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was part of my thought process. I think often you will see a moron donk not able to lay down his OESD + overcards here. QQ steals 3 outs from him and judging from the action so far I would think I would be seeing a 3-way all in.

xJMPx
12-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Preflop: I raise more, the minimum I will raise lvl 1 is 60, but usually I pop it up to around 75. Too many people just play there own cards and see 45 chips as a small amount compared to their stacks.

Postflop: I like your bet, but with the smooth call and re-raise I think I'm probably out. I'd be sick if the smooth caller folded, but them's the breaks. You'll still have over t600 if you fold and you can work with that.

TEBPilot
12-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I think you have to fold JJ here. It's just to early to fall in love with an overpair. You could easily be looking at 2 pair or a set. Still plenty of time left in this tourney to fight another day.

12-08-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I raise more, the minimum I will raise lvl 1 is 60, but usually I pop it up to around 75. Too many people just play there own cards and see 45 chips as a small amount compared to their stacks.

Postflop: I like your bet, but with the smooth call and re-raise I think I'm probably out. I'd be sick if the smooth caller folded, but them's the breaks. You'll still have over t600 if you fold and you can work with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you need to raise more preflop if you decide you want to raise. But probably the best idea here is to see a cheap flop and then fire off a pot sized bet at the all under card board.

12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
In an earlier position, I'll see a cheap flop with JJ. But with no limpers and me in relatively late position, I figured I'd raise to (hopefully) push anyone out figuring to limp with some marginal hands. Apparently I didn't raise enough. Thanks guys.