PDA

View Full Version : ($60) I called instantly

durron597
12-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Villian was playing fairly aggressively, but I hadn't seen him push like this.

How's the rest of the line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB (t4755)
Button (t3895)
Hero (t4850)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t800) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t4355</font>, Hero calls t3155.

bluefeet
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Eh...nut FD, TP for the few times he doesn't have an Ace (though I suspect he might here) - good enough for me.

citanul
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
i like lead 3 bet more than i like cr call.

bluefeet
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice. got stuck at the 'call this?' end. MUCH better line, ty.

durron597
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He minraised me pf, frustrating when I just get called on the flop and the turn blanks off.

gisb0rne
12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
As frustrating as having him call your c-raise and having to decide whether to shove the rest of your chips in on the turn?

durron597
12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As frustrating as having him call your c-raise and having to decide whether to shove the rest of your chips in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point.

curtains
12-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I think its fine, and I like checking better than leading. You don't mind it if all the chips get in, not at all. The reason is that almost anytime all the chips get in, they would have gotten in if you had led out.

Meanwhile in this spot, they will bet the flop a huge % of the time when you check to them, and you should make a nice amount of change when they have nothing and make a standard continuation bet.

I don't want to bet out with the hope that my opponent raises me with nothing...I feel like more is to be gained by check raising here. On an ace high flop they will bet almost always.

Burno
12-08-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of assumed that if I decide to go for the c/r here, I've also decided to push the turn if he calls.

Against the right thinking player a minbet lead will get raised big by a wide range.

citanul
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
but curtains,

while you don't mind all the chips getting in, aren't you also OK with him folding out any ace? i think many people can find a fold with a weak ace or other aces even if they go bet raise 3bet, particularly if you do it with the right tempo. folding out other kings is nice too.

c

brimstone1
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
You're "ahead" (51/49) against AX here, aren't you?

I guess taking the coinflip is a bit worse than giving it, so I say pushing after he bets out 400 is the line I would like to take here.

citanul
12-08-2005, 04:44 PM
being ahead 51/49 isn't htat wonderful.

think about this:

say you each have 5000 chips. and it's a heads up match. (yes, i realize this isn't the scenario at hand, but it is good for explanation.)

there's 800 chips in the pot preflop.

you know for a fact that your hand is 51/49 against your opponent.

if you play the hand in such a way that you are running it out with your opponent, you have an "expected" stack at the end of the hand of 5100.

if you find a way to make him fold immediately, you have an expected stack of 5400.

continuing, the more chips you can get in the pot and then still have a chance to make him fold, the better. especially because if he doesn't fold, you're still ahead! in fact part of the problem is that if he thinks he's only a small dog and plays exactly as well as you, he's of course going to get in as the 49% dog instantly if he can see your hand, as he's getting an overlay on his odds.

so while checkraise line is good, i think that it doesn't lead to as many chips in the pot in instances where we can make the guy fold, as bet 3 bet does.

something like that.

c

bigt439
12-08-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
being ahead 51/49 isn't htat wonderful.

think about this:

say you each have 5000 chips. and it's a heads up match. (yes, i realize this isn't the scenario at hand, but it is good for explanation.)

there's 800 chips in the pot preflop.

you know for a fact that your hand is 51/49 against your opponent.

if you play the hand in such a way that you are running it out with your opponent, you have an "expected" stack at the end of the hand of 5100.

if you find a way to make him fold immediately, you have an expected stack of 5400.

continuing, the more chips you can get in the pot and then still have a chance to make him fold, the better. especially because if he doesn't fold, you're still ahead! in fact part of the problem is that if he thinks he's only a small dog and plays exactly as well as you, he's of course going to get in as the 49% dog instantly if he can see your hand, as he's getting an overlay on his odds.

so while checkraise line is good, i think that it doesn't lead to as many chips in the pot in instances where we can make the guy fold, as bet 3 bet does.

something like that.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.