PDA

View Full Version : Major Quickbooks Help

12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi, Im trying to get quickbooks setup to track finances, and business oppurtunities. Here is the situation.

I have 2 checking accounts.
I have 1 "gambling bankroll account".

I have 10 customers.

From week to week, a customer either owes me money, or I owe him money. But no on actually pays until its convenient

So-
week 1 week2 week 3
Cust1- +200 -400 +500
Cust2- -100 +300 -333
Cust3- +400 -299 +200

The negative denotes how much tehy owe me, the + denotes how much I owe them. How would I keep track of those customers, sperately, ie enter debits and credits from week to week, but also be able to enter when they ACTUALLY pay me (from time to time?). I also need to keep track of the total balance of ALL the customers (whether its negative (I owe money, or positive, they owe me), and be able to enter outside deposits (from poker etc) into that account that is also tracking all the customers. If anyone could help I would forever be indebted.

BradleyT
12-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Couldn't you do invoicing for this?

12-08-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't you do invoicing for this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I could, btu i dont know much about quickbooks. Would I just write an invoice for each negative week, and add credit for teh positive weeks? I think i tried this at first, but the bank account treated everything as a negative? So rather than having a balance of say, -750, there were credits that were added as negatives, and it came out to be -1150

smoore
12-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm not much of a QB guru but I believe you should invoice every transaction and let QB sort out the account. Write purchase orders when you owe them money and bills when they owe you money.

12-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Ok, so, Im going to make a customer list, in my customer section. Im going to give them a begining balance of a negative number if I owe them money, adn a positive balance if they owe me money for their "opening balance". Ill write invoices if they owe me money, adn Create credit memos/refunds, when they are owed money. Im going to also create an accounts receivable account named, Bankroll, and this will be the account used for all of these transactions. I think this should work. Thanks