PDA

View Full Version : Simple PF question

12-08-2005, 11:18 AM
You open-raise to 16 in a $400 game with a small suited-connector or 1-gapper.

Known donk min-raises out of the blinds.

Assume that this is AA or KK 100% of the time.

His MO will be pot-sized bets on any flop, turn & river unless he has KK & an A flops in which case he probably bets, then checks calls small or check folds if you bet big.

Folded back to you - how short do you / him have to be to fold this PF?

How does your answer change if he’s button not blind?

12-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Against a known donk when you have position, i think this is an easy call unless one of you is very short stacked, like less than 30 or 40BBs.

If he was on the button and you are OOP, I think it is a fold almost 100% of the time. Playing drawing hands OOP sucks.

Hattifnatt
12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I call the minraise regardless the stacksize. Because if you have for example 64s he might have AK and then the odds are there...

12-08-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call the minraise regardless the stacksize. Because if you have for example 64s he might have AK and then the odds are there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my post could have been clearer. I mean for the purposes of answering the question assume that he has AA/KK 100% of the time.

Will edit accordingly...

Marlow
12-08-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You open-raise to 16 in a $400 game with a small suited-connector or 1-gapper.

Known donk min-raises out of the blinds.

Assume that this is AA or KK 100% of the time.

His MO will be pot-sized bets on any flop, turn & river unless he has KK & an A flops in which case he probably bets, then checks calls small or check folds if you bet big.

Folded back to you - how short do you / him have to be to fold this PF?

How does your answer change if he’s button not blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't play if one of us had <50BB, but I have no mathmatical basis for this. just a personal rule of thumb.

If he's on the button, it changes my play not at all. This assumes that I KNOW he has AA or KK. Villian described sounds predictable enough that it minimizes his positional advantage.

p.s.- when I have some time today, I'll take a shot at the math. I'm not very good at this, but it should be a good excercise.