PDA

View Full Version : Is this a justified call?

12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Live FreeRoll tourney (1st pays $100, 2nd pays $50)
6 Tables with 10 to table to start (60 players total)
Down to 4 tables. Only 6 at our table at the time this hand comes up. Blinds 300/600

UTG (10000)
UTG+1 (4500)
CO (8000)
Button - Hero (7750)
SB (3350)
BB (6500)

I look down to find KsQs from the Button. The UTG player who seemed to be playing loose limped in. Everyone folds to the CO who also limps in. I decide to limp in also and play my position especially since I had a pot stealer behind me in the SB who liked to try and move in anytime the pot was a decent size. The SB then moved all-in raising it another 2750 to call. The UTG player folded and
the CO just called. The pot was sitting at 7900 and I knew I was getting just under 3 to 1 to call. I wasn't too worried about the SB since I had seen him move-in on a couple other hands to steal pots. From what I had seen from the CO she was a loose player also and I figured at worst I was up against a small pair and was a coin flip.
I had 4400 if I called and lost and decided to gamble since I would take over the chip lead if I won the hand.

Flop came 10-9-9 no flush possibilities
CO checked, I checked

Turn was a 6, we both checked

River was a 2, we both checked again

SB flips up J-7
CO flips up K-J
and my KQ held up to win a huge (10650) pot with King high.

Was my call justified here pre-flop. Also, should I have played the flop, turn, or river differently? Please let me know. Thanks.