PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! The Pogues are back together!

12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
And they are farking coming to Boston in March! OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!

Full Original Line Up too! I never thought I'd live to see the day!

If you don't know who the Pogues are, they are an Irish Band that fused Traditional Irish music with Punk, blues and other things.

The big draw is the fact years ago they tossed out the lead singer, Shane, because he is a drunk farktard (and still is), but against all odds he has survived and is touring with them again.

Shane, a good looking man
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/shanemacgowanap.jpg
Thats an old pic of him too. He looks worse today.

If you live in Boston the Tickets go on sale Saturday!

whiskeytown
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Shane McGowan...

the only man to be fired from an Irish band full of drunks and dope addicts for being a worse alcoholic and drug addict than them.

I have the Documentary "If I should Fall from Grace with God" - it's painful to watch and that live album him and the popes did is worse...barely understandable.

Sometimes I watch it when I'm tempted to drink again - remind myself even the most gifted songwriters and romantics don't look good with a vomit stained suit.

but I wish I was in boston anyways....

cheers -

http://www.shanemacgowan.com/RSCN0346.jpg

RB

12-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Is that you with him? I've never gotten to meet him. Every after show party for him I've been to, he has never showed. SHOCKING!

whiskeytown
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
that's not me - I'm neither Asian nor good looking - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I go to his official website - www.shanemacgowan.com (http://www.shanemacgowan.com) - that's on his gallery...I just picked one where he was toasting...

don't know where the pic. is from -

very interesting - apparently he's having issues with the Popes - they're announcing shows he hasn't agreed to - it appears he's cancelled all future Popes dates.

Let's face it - the Pogues could almost fill auditoriums with folks who've always wanted to see them - they broke up before I made a gig...it's a good time for a reunion and an Irish music revival.

RB

12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Yea I once went to a Popes show thinking Shane would be there, but one of the guys from Black 47 ended up singing. I hate to say but it was a good show /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SL__72
12-08-2005, 03:22 PM
If they were to make it to Minnesota I would definately be there.

12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Sorry bub, looks like they wont let Shane off of the East Coast

The Pogues will be performing six shows in the United States of America in early March, 2006.

* Friday March 10 Washington 9.30 Club *
* Saturday March 11 Atlantic City Borgata *
* Tuesday March 14 Boston Orpheum †
* Thursday March 16 New York Nokia Theatre, Times Square ‡
* Friday March 17 New York Nokia Theatre, Times Square — SOLD OUT ‡
* Saturday March 18 New York Nokia Theatre, Times Square ‡

12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they were to make it to Minnesota I would definately be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough. This stops today, for good. Illiterate moran.

12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
maybe it's against the wishes of the state or something....He **could** be on parole...

CIncyHR
12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
God Damnit, I'm going to be in ireland for St. Patricks missing probably hte LAST chance to see the Pogues. WTF?