sb's just arrived, co seems solid

cutoff limps, sb completes, i check in bb with a7 offsuit

flop 554 two hearts
sb bets, hero raises (thoughts ?)

turn 9 no suit
sb checks, hero bets

river k no suit
sb bets, hero folds (thoughts ?)
does anyone ever fold flop here against unknown ?

i hate the way i played this hand (dumb agression in an unraised pot) and i dont understand his betting pattern (kx suited maybe)

12-08-2005, 10:37 AM
He may have had the 4, and figured he was WA/WB? Since you showed aggression he may have thought PP of some sort 88? If I am him, Im thinking that your overagressing the draw...

River completes his K or finished his call call bet line...
His bet is a good value bet because he knows that he prob has a winner but doesnt want to see a check behind. Also, you really cant raise here unless you have a very dominant hand in which its an easy fold for him anyways. Theres always a chance that his hand improved dramatically but I doubt it. Im grunching here and look forward to more posts...
cdl

cocofrite
12-08-2005, 10:46 AM
the only move he can make with his river bet is if he puts me on a draw and has a draw himself which has no showdown value (otherwise i guess he'd induce a bluff), very sophisticated and unlikely play i think.

cocofrite
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
ps : what does grunching mean ?

12-08-2005, 02:09 PM
grunching means taking a first shot at the answer without reading others answers, the reason I posted that Is because my opinion may be valid, im not totall sure, and look forward to reading others....
either way I dont like showing down or putting bets into the pot with A7o high card especially if the pot is so small to begin with...