PDA

View Full Version : KQ, bluff turned value bet

newhizzle
12-08-2005, 06:02 AM
villain is TAGish, 23/11/1.2 after 5 thousand hands or so, i think its mostly from mining, because as far as i can remember i dont really have any history with him or at least hes never done anything that stands out in my mind

Party Poker 100.00/200.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

daryn
12-08-2005, 06:06 AM
it doesn't look to me like you're getting called by worse here. think about it, what could he put you on where he would call with worse? i think he folds a jack to your river bet.

sucks to be out of position

newhizzle
12-08-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't look to me like you're getting called by worse here. think about it, what could he put you on where he would call with worse? i think he folds a jack to your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think check/call when the queen hits and bet when it dosent?

should the spades be a consideration?

you dont think if he calls the turn with a jack hes calling the river too?

or should i just be check/folding the turn?

DeezNutz3
12-08-2005, 06:30 AM
from my experience i think u get a call from a J...tough river tho...looks like a bet/fold or C/C if u don't like folding.

Jeff W
12-08-2005, 06:32 AM
what is villain's screen name?

newhizzle
12-08-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
from my experience i think u get a call from a J...tough river tho...looks like a bet/fold or C/C if u don't like folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was planning to fold to a raise, i think a jack usually calls here too

newhizzle
12-08-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is villain's screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

pd171164

daryn
12-08-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think check/call when the queen hits and bet when it dosent?

should the spades be a consideration?

you dont think if he calls the turn with a jack hes calling the river too?

or should i just be check/folding the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah spades should def be a consideration, and they hit. put yourself in that guy's position, what can he put you on? if he has a J what hand can he really beat when you bet river? why would you donk the turn when the ace hit?

i guess i just don't see how you're missing any value here by checking

shmahappens
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
You're trying to say you have AK/AQ/AJ here, maybe QQ or KK - why not CR the turn? Knowing this game he'll call trying to hit twopair/etc, then fold if he misses, so you'll make him pay more.