PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands, no raising

rkiray
07-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Hand 1. 9 players, 45.6% see flop, my opponents in this hand see 29, 58, 68% of the flops.

I'm UTG with A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I call, I probably should not play this hand unless I'm in late positon, correct? fold, call, raise, everyone folds to bb who calls, call, call.

Flop : 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet my TPTK (I've never really been big on checking to the raiser, I think it's wimpy poker), ep calls, raiser raises, everyone calls.

Turn : 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

Everyone checks to raiser, who bets, bb calls, I fold, ep raises, raiser raises, bb calls, EP raises all-in.

My first thought was folding second nut low was wimpy, but after the war started I was glad I did it.

River : J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

check, bet, call

bb had 2JQK took high side pot with 2 pair. (lost $23 overall)
EP had 2359 for straight to take main high pot. (won $14.50 overall)
Raiser had A245 (ace suited) for main low and $14.50 profit.
I lost $8

Comments?

Hand 2. This is the same table but the two tightest players left. So we are down to 7 players. A couple others left and were replaced. So now table avg is 57.8. 24 (by far the tightest player at the table), 63, and 53 are my opponenets in this hand.

I have A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif in co.

preflop : fold, call, fold, I call, button calls, sb folds, bb checks.

Flop : K46 all /forums/images/icons/heart.gif s

check, check, I bet, button folds, call, call.

Probably way too aggressive here. HE instincts again. Hey, I have a set maybe no one has the flush. At least its a shorthanded game and now I've got position.

Turn : 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif [K46 all /forums/images/icons/heart.gif s]

check, check,I bet, call, call

Keep shooting until they shoot back. I'm playing this like I would a HE hand. I'm way out of line here.

River : 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [ 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K46 all /forums/images/icons/heart.gif s]
check, check, check

I finally come to my senses and only lose $8.

A28Q took low, 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9K allowed tight bb to flop flush.

Hand 3 :

Full table. 51.9% see flop. Flop % for my opponenets are 33, 53, 38, 66, and 50 (in order of action below).

I'm in middle position with : A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

UTG limps, 2 folds, I limp, fold, call, fold, button calls, sb completes, bb cheks. Six players to flop.

Flop : T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

sb bets, fold, fold, I call, fold, button calls.

Well I've got nut low draw, but not much else. Seemed to be worth a bet.

Turn : Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif [T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif]

checked all around. Not a good card. No low, possible flush. But at least it didn't cost me anything to see river.

River : J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif]
Wow. Good card, especially since no one bet a flush (although there could be a small out there).

Check, I bet, everyone folds, so I don't know what they had. Probably not a flush. Maybe everyone had a low draw.

Buzz
07-14-2003, 07:39 AM
I'm UTG with Ah3sQcKc
I call, I probably should not play this hand unless I'm in late positon, correct? fold, call, raise, everyone folds to bb who calls, call, call.

Rick - I don't play many hands UTG - but I'd play this one. I don’t know if that’s “correct” or not. It's not a great hand but I'd want to see the flop with it.

Flop : 4d6dQh
BB checks, I bet my TPTK (I've never really been big on checking to the raiser, I think it's wimpy poker), ep calls, raiser raises, everyone calls.

I’d play wimpy poker here and check. Your hand is not good for high and you are still on a draw for low - and it’s only the 2nd nut low at that. I’d check and seriously consider folding to a bet.

Comments?

Folding probable losers in Omaha-8 doesn’t seem wimpy to me.

Hand 2. This is the same table but the two tightest players left. So we are down to 7 players. A couple others left and were replaced. So now table avg is 57.8. 24 (by far the tightest player at the table), 63, and 53 are my opponenets in this hand.
I have As4s4cKc in co.

A difficult hand to play, in my humble opinion. Several ways to get trapped after the flop. Having written that, and perhaps ironically, if I played this one, I might raise pre-flop. But to do that, I would have to think a pre-flop raise might intimidate my opponents.

Flop : Kh4h6h

Speaking of ways to get trapped after the flop...

check, check, I bet, button folds, call, call.
Probably way too aggressive here. HE instincts again. Hey, I have a set maybe no one has the flush. At least its a shorthanded game and now I've got position.

Many will disagree with me, but I think your bet here is fine.

Turn : 3 [K46 all s]
check, check,I bet, call, call

Here I would have taken the free card you set up with your aggressive bet on the second betting round.

Hand 3 :
I'm in middle position with : Ah2h4hKc
UTG limps, 2 folds, I limp, fold, call, fold, button calls, sb completes, bb cheks. Six players to flop.
Flop : Tc2d3c
sb bets, fold, fold, I call, fold, button calls.
Well I've got nut low draw, but not much else. Seemed to be worth a bet.

I agree it’s worth a call.

Turn : Q [T 2 3 ]
checked all around. Not a good card. No low, possible flush. But at least it didn't cost me anything to see river.
River : J [Q T 2 3 ]
Wow. Good card, especially since no one bet a flush (although there could be a small out there).
Check, I bet, everyone folds, so I don't know what they had. Probably not a flush. Maybe everyone had a low draw.

Good bet! I agree with your assessment and play of the hand. Someone might have folded a baby flush to your bet.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

Aragorn
07-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Hand 1: I'm pretty much with Buzz on this. I would probably not play the hand, but the AKQ and the KQs might get me in. I am definitely folding on the flop.

>>>>Comments?

>>Folding probable losers in Omaha-8 doesn’t seem wimpy to me.

I couldn't agree more. If you want a game where you get to be macho, you probably shouldn't play limit Omaha. Consider pot limit.

Hand 2:

>>>>>check, check, I bet, button folds, call, call.

>>Many will disagree with me, but I think your bet here is fine.

I'm one of those who disagree. Bottom pairs are the pits in Omaha. And with the flush out there it is even worse. There is a low draw, and you have no real shot at low. So you have a bad shot at half the pot. This is a check and fold hand to me.

Fold a set? Yes! This hand is a perfect example of why small pairs are bad in O8. If you make your set, it is usually setting you up for the wrong full house, and the low card helps others make a low.

Hand 3, I agree with you and Buzz.