PDA

View Full Version : double belly buster played too weak???

12-08-2005, 03:41 AM
UB 3/6... (6 handed) i think i misplayed on several levels
hero in bb with :8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

my notes on villian at this point:
will limp w/ low unsuited 1 gappers any position
stubborn with middle pair weak kicker overcalling through river
check/calls strong draws in or out of position

preflop action...
villain calls utg, 3 folds, sb calls, hero checks (?)

flop comes: 3 sb's(for some reason suit symbols are sent to bottom now??)
Jh, 5d, 9s
sb checks,hero checks, villain bets, sb folds,hero calls (?)

turn comes: (2.5 bb)
3h
hero checks, villain bets, hero calls

river comes: (3.5 bb)
Qs
hero checks, villain checks

i really need to improve my play w/ head to head draws out of position, and in the 6/7 hand range so i dug this guy up for some feedback...

any line suggestions would be appreciated... i realize i played my 8 outer very very weakly...

12-08-2005, 03:56 AM
oh and obviously i didn't win with 8 high, but the guy had 9-6s, not sure if i could have put him off of it... the notes were from a prior 10 handed session so i assumed he'd be even more stubborn w/ any piece 6 handed, and he check/called ALL of his draws and i hadn't seen any betting from him w/o a piece of the board

hobbsmann
12-08-2005, 03:57 AM
bet the flop.

12-08-2005, 03:57 AM
continue out w/ the draw throughout?

hobbsmann
12-08-2005, 04:02 AM
change it up based on the type of player you are up against. If the villain peels a lot of flops only fold to turn bets then you should keep betting. If his flop call probably means he has a pair then check/call the turn.

The reason you bet the flop is because you have a decent amount of fold equity in these small pots, plus you have a lot of equity with your draw so getting called/raised isn't a big deal.