PDA

View Full Version : KTs from CO...besides preflop, do you do anything differently?

imported_smoove
12-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

<font color="blue">Only Button's second or third hand at table. </font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I'd usually raise this...I must have been dozing.</font>

Flop: (14 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I didn't want Button to blow away the field with a raise, so I just checked. Should I have raised after Button's bet?</font>

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Value donk?</font>

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

poker1O1
12-08-2005, 03:46 AM
definitely raise the flop and probably check turn

12-08-2005, 05:32 AM
PREFLOP: Whether to raise or not with this hand depends on the quality of players that limped in front of you. Calling is just fine IMO.

FLOP: Given the size of this pot, It is close between betting right into the raiser hoping he will raise with a hand like QQ,AJ,TT to free up your King outs, or just checking and calling. Checking and calling here is also an acceptable play IMO. I would not checkraise this flop since your draw is really not that strong, you could easily be drawing to a split pot, if you had a two card OESD or a flush draw then I Like checkraising the whole field.

TURN: Checking and calling looks right to me

RIVER: You must bet, since the villain will only bet a full house or better on this board, if he's decent,which is why going for a checkraise here would be horrible.

I think you played this hand very well on every street IMO.