PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio restaraunts??

renodoc
12-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Comments? We were going to do Emerils, but why should we have to leave the building?

Riverman
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
They are all really good in my opinion, with the exception of the wierd asian-looking place that is back by the conference area.

12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Le Circe or however it's spelled is nice. They have a dress code, tie required for the men and a dinner for two including wine and dessert will cost you $300 with tip.

Philuva
12-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Picasso is one of my favorite all time meals. The noodle place is VERY solid. Olives and the sushi place are also very good.

Spook
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Having not eaten there, I hear Olives is pretty blah food with a fancy head chef name. Todd English - except that English is not that great of a chef and has no stars to protect. (According to Bourdain)

BradL
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear Olives is pretty blah food with a fancy head chef name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good place to grab a bite for lunch but it wouldnt be my first choice for dinner.

-Brad

mike l.
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
"The noodle place is VERY solid."

no it's not. very mediocre. small portions, not much flavor/pizazz in the dishes, medicore service, noisy. skip on noodles.

jba
12-08-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The noodle place is VERY solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
renodoc,

Michael Mina and Olives are imo way overpriced for what you get. All of the other nice restaurants are great (I've been to about half, have had friends go to the others).

renodoc
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
thx diablo. i figured you had an opinion.

nice hat

felson
12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
The food at Jasmine is good, but not worth the price IMO. The view is beautiful, though.

On the other hand, Delmonico (Emeril's steakhouse) is well worth leaving the building.

12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
renodoc,

Michael Mina and Olives are imo way overpriced for what you get. All of the other nice restaurants are great (I've been to about half, have had friends go to the others).

[/ QUOTE ]

Concur with this post.

12-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Prime Steakhouse is also great. Obviously it is pricey, and your average entree will cost maybe $10 more than at a place like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but it was very good. While I am not sure I'd be willing to try some of the expensive gourmet-style restaurants they have, Prime Steakhouse is definitely worthwhile.

noir
12-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Sensi (Spa Tower walkway) is a nice space where you can get a solid semi-casual meal, and they're open for lunch.

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=67657

I've never seen anything on twoplustwo relating to egullet, so if this is your introduction, have fun. I use it to make dining decisions wherever I go.

I get a dessert from Jean Philippe every time I'm in town.

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=59798

Luv2DriveTT
12-12-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
renodoc,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw this for the first time El D. What about Olives didn't you like? I'm a fan of Tod English's managerial and business savvy... but I haven't eaten here yet.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

andyfox
12-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Beautiful room too.

Zeno
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Comments? We were going to do Emerils, but why should we have to leave the building?

[/ QUOTE ]

To go over to Wynn's. For lunch at some place over there I had sautéed baby clams and some over-priced pasta dish and some racy dessert. I never remember the name of these fancy establishments. I was waited on by a hot, slutty, big-titted whore; adding just the right amount of spicy ambience to my meal.

Always keep moving. You learn more that way.

-Zeno

Ulysses
12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
TT,

I went to Olives in NYC. There was nothing specifically wrong, per se, but the food just seemed a little boring and not the level of deliciousness I expect when paying that much money. Service was fine, but again, not quite the level I expect from that kind of restaurant. Overall, it was just an OK dining experience. I did see Stuart Scott there, though. BOOYAH!!

J.A.Sucker
12-12-2005, 03:43 PM
El D,

Did you punch Stu Scott in the face when you saw him? When people are trying to separate you guys, you could say you were just trying to make a matching creepy lazy eye, just for symmetry's sake. People would surely understand.

With deep hatred (Yep! Yep!),

Sucker

Luv2DriveTT
12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TT,

I went to Olives in NYC. There was nothing specifically wrong, per se, but the food just seemed a little boring and not the level of deliciousness I expect when paying that much money. Service was fine, but again, not quite the level I expect from that kind of restaurant. Overall, it was just an OK dining experience. I did see Stuart Scott there, though. BOOYAH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tod has opening a place in the new Ceasers Walk in AC, I think the grand opening is in March (vague memory). I was counting on it to be the one mainstay for me since although the food is good in some AC restaurants, its never great (steak houses do not count for gourmet meals). Hmm... yet another reason to stay home and play online /images/graemlins/smile.gif

noir
12-12-2005, 05:24 PM
If you've been to Susanna Foo's place, I'd like to know what you think. I go to the Borg a couple times a year, but I've never taken the time to dine there.

mike l.
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM
mesa grill in caesars and wolfgang pucks in mgm are super good. pucks used to be boring and bland but new menu/decor and it's way outstanding. mesa grill is even better. theyre mid-range dinners so not too pricey, but the food is gourmet.

renodoc
12-14-2005, 05:20 AM
I think its Prime. I'll be with the gorgeous blonde.
thanks all...

BottlesOf
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
renodoc,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw this for the first time El D. What about Olives didn't you like? I'm a fan of Tod English's managerial and business savvy... but I haven't eaten here yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Olives is nothing special.

I vote Picasso in the Bellag.--it was awesome. I also want to try the Bellag.

Teldar
12-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Circo (the italian restaurant) is very good imo. Also, it is right on the lake so you get a great view.

Nightwish
12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Prime is a very good steakhouse, but Delmonico's at the Venetian is better.

renodoc
12-14-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prime is a very good steakhouse, but Delmonico's at the Venetian is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a trick to get me a table sat night? 7:00 would be great.

Luv2DriveTT
12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Circo (the italian restaurant) is very good imo. Also, it is right on the lake so you get a great view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm hungry. I always eat at the Circo bar when I am in town. I highly recommend the rabbit tortelloni (not tortellini) if it is still on the menu.