PDA

View Full Version : SnG Full of Loose Passives

PokerSox
12-08-2005, 02:55 AM
Played in a home SnG a few weeks ago. Of the 8 players, 5 were virtual newbies at Hold Em and pretty much just called everything. I'm used to having 1 or 2 of those at a table, but not 5. Early on, I'd raise my usual 3-4 times BB with strong hands and frequently get at least 4 callers, and at least 1 or 2 would stay with me all the way to the end calling pot sized bets with 1 overcard, and it was one of those nights where nothing seemed to hold up. I busted out in 6th (on a bad beat two outer I won't share here).

My question is, how does one play in such a game? Play super super tight and really make em pay when I get a good starting hand (5xBB or more?), or limp along with anything reasonable and hope I flop a monster? Or stick to my usual tight aggressive game and just chalk it up to bad luck? I'm no expert, but I honestly feel I was one of the two best players at the table, but had no success at all. Very frustrating.

12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
For very very bad players the best strategy is to try and see as many cheap flops as possible if the game has very little preflop raising. You might get impatient by not hitting anything on the flops for awhile but once you hit a set or two pair on a flop you can usually get a lot of money from horrible players easily. Just remember it is poker and even the best player in the world need the best hand to beat players that will call down with anything.

xJMPx
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
5 newbies calling down with nothing? Sounds like the home games I get my self into. Drink more than the rest of them, play for fun!

Jbrochu
12-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Tighten up and open your big hands for 5x BB or more. Value bet when you think you have the best hand. Don't try bluffing.