PDA

View Full Version : PokerStat vs. Poker Tracker

WiredPair
07-13-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm currently testing PokerStat, but any comments on the two programs. Which do you prefer? Is PokerStat worth the extra cost? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

rigoletto
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Bernie asked me a question about pokerstat in David Ross' weekly thread. Here's my answer:

Pokerstat only works with Paradise. Pockertracker works (to my knowledge) with Paradise, Party and Stars. I've used Pokerstat for 1 year and I've tried out Pokertracker. In my opinion Pokerstat is the superior software (made by 2+2'er THWANG99). The fact that it automatically fills a table layout with the players you sit with, including key stats on these players and that it automatically request hand histories makes it very applicable while you play.
I'm not saying Pokertracker is a bad program, it's obvious advantage is the tracking of multiple sites and statwise you get the same information from the two. Tony (THWANG99) has previously mentioned that he would make versions for other sites and I hope he follows through!

MaxPower
07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
They are both very good and both of the authors do a very good job of updating them and dealing with problems.

I'm not crazy about the way pokertracker handles email, but it looks like that is being fixed in version 2.

The main problem with pokerstat is that it only works on Paradise. I love the program and would be still be using it if it worked with Party Poker.

ptrack pat
07-14-2003, 10:46 PM
"The fact that it automatically fills a table layout with the players you sit with, including key stats on these players and that it automatically request hand histories makes it very applicable while you play."

Poker Tracker version 2 has an auto-request hand history feature. You can also populate the Game Time table from recently loaded hand histories automatically although it doesn't read the names directly from the screen as PS appears to do. PokerStat is a great program no doubt but I hope people will find Poker Tracker v2 even better than the current version. As mentioned in the post below, I've also improved the process of reading hands from email.

Details are here: www.pokertracker.com/version2.html (http://www.pokertracker.com/version2.html)

samz
07-14-2003, 11:02 PM
I dont know about pokerstat but poker tracker gives you a free down load you can use for up to a thousand hands. It seems good.

Its fairly easy to set up the table you are on - but the stats given on that page are not always the ones you want - It gives % of flop seen etc but if you double click on the player it gives all know hands for a particular seat and % etc. Its quite handy.

RockLobster
07-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Hi WP--

Well I haven't used Pokerstat, so I can't say much there. But I've got nearly 40,000 hands with over 8,000 players in my PokerTracker database and life is good.

Pat is extremely responsive to enhancement and bug reports, and the price is very reasonable. I basically use PT as follows:
- 3 poker tables, each taking up 1/4 of the screen (21" set to 1600x1200).
- PT in the 4th quarter of the of screen, with each of the 3 tables loaded in the "Game Time" tab.

This allows me to play 3 games, and quickly see the stats for each player that I'm playing against. I've made a few suggestions to make this easier and cleaner, and I'd be surprised if these aren't implemented in the next couple of months.

I'm a happy PT user.

Hope this helps...

rkiray
07-15-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm a happy Pokerstat user. You can download a free trial version at thsoftware.com. I believe Tony lets you have 2000 free hands in the database.