PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Q7s

jason_t
12-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Villain is loose and aggressive. PA crashed a few hands before this and I didn't have it back up yet.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: I am Button with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, I call, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, CO calls.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>

KDawgCometh
12-08-2005, 02:55 AM
cool

hobbsmann
12-08-2005, 02:56 AM
hot. You out kick CO a lot so I like the bet on the river.

12-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I guess. Given the action everything seems good to me. The only thing I'd have trouble doing is 3 betting the flop. Obviously it is raise/fold time and you figure to have the best kicker much of the time if he, in fact, has top pair. He wouldn't be raising a draw here so I'd say he either has and Ace and paired his kicker, something like 78s or a set. He must not have a set since he failed to raise on the turn. I like the value bet on the river, but can you easily fold to a check-raise? If you can, then a value bet is clear here, if you are not that confident and must call a bet, checking it over may be best.

poker1O1
12-08-2005, 03:52 AM
i agree with every street but preflop, is that standard???

KDawgCometh
12-08-2005, 03:54 AM
PF is a pretty easy limp

Entity
12-08-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is a pretty easy limp

[/ QUOTE ]

BUTTONBUTTONBUTTONBUTTONBUTTON.

hobbsmann
12-08-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shant
12-08-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been having a lot of fun on the button the last couple days since that Q9o thread.

jason_t
12-08-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been having a lot of fun on the button the last couple days since that Q9o thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

In August I went to the Commerce and played 3/6 with the intention of playing every hand on the Button. It was just a learning exercise and I walked away having learned so much that night.

Entity
12-08-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In August I went to the Commerce and played 3/6 with the intention of playing every hand on the Button. It was just a learning exercise and I walked away having learned so much that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play 4/8 with me in Vegas I promise to do this at least once.

Dazarath
12-08-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree with every street but preflop, is that standard???

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in HEFAP it says you can limp Q6s on the button after 3 limpers. I wouldn't say it's "standard", as there was a big discussion in a thread about this once. For some, it's standard, though.

CardSharpCook
12-08-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree with every street but preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

goofball
12-08-2005, 04:29 AM
I think it's fine if you'll be able to use your position to occaisonally pick up a pot wihtout the best hand. If you've been running well (or just nonbad) at the table then it's fine. All these people limping have crappy hands, you're about even in equity and you have position. Call.

Every street is fine.

B Dids
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I have no idea how people playing the medium limits, who post on this forum are questioning preflop. It's just slightly staggering.

12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm limping with Q7s preflop. Aside from arguing that it isn't "standard," anyone want to argue against it given the context? Button, lots of limpers, easy call.

Anyone want to take a stab at a range of hands for villain? My range is 97 to A7. I don't think he is on a flush draw, he wouldn't want to push people away. Straight draw, no, he would have raised on the turn. Two pair? I think he's raising on the turn again. So chances are it's 97 to A7. Without a clear read, you're winning this 3/6 times, splitting pot once, losing 2/6.

By three betting, you are knocking out draws. That's fine - only way you are winning this 50 percent of the time is if it is between you and villain. There is plenty of money in the pot after the turn to justify a bet. River fine too.

Klepton
12-08-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I completely comprehend how people playing the medium limits, who post on this forum are questioning preflop. It's not at all staggering.

[/ QUOTE ]

chief444
12-08-2005, 06:52 PM
xxxx...I'm off the forum for a bit...and hear great things from QTip about the new medium stakes forum...and the first thread I open up is 2/3 discussion on preflop.

I think the flop may be a tougher decision than the river here. But I'd play it all the same. nh jason.