PDA

View Full Version : Implant trip report

Cubswin
12-08-2005, 01:36 AM
...dental implant that is.

So i started step one of the implant process yesterday and had my tooth extracted and had a bone and gum graft... lots of fun. I only got local anesthetic but was on 10 mg of valium during the procedure so it wasnt half bad. The only unpleasant thing was hearing the tooth crack when they pulled it out... and the blood filling up my mouth. The tooth was supposed to have 1 root... mine was a mutant and had 3. The Periodontist and his assistant where quite amazed and had to look at it for a good 30 seconds before proceding. They then planted the artifial bone bits and sewed my back up. They put some waxy resin over that area of my mouth which is suppose to protect it until my follow-up two weeks from now.

The pain was minimal for me... about the same as having wisdom teeth done but without the good pain killers for the recovery... I only got big ole Ibuprofen horse pills. I actually had steak for dinner last night /images/graemlins/smile.gif I thought everything was just peachy until i woke up this morning... i swelled up way worse then when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I guess it just looks so bad because the tooth is more toward the front of the mouth.

If everything goes well and I grow some healthy bone in the socket I will have my implant done 4 months from now. I cant wait til they place that screw in my bone /images/graemlins/wink.gif If the implant takes then ill have my new crown 6 months after that. A total of ten months without my tooth and all for the bargin price of $4500. I think i went into he wrong profession...

cubs

Vote4Pedro
12-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Why don't they prescribe the "goods" for this type of operation?