PDA

View Full Version : NL400 5 handed, confusing situation for me.

Go_Blue88
12-08-2005, 01:14 AM
I recently got to the table, so no reads.

5-handed

Hero--400, Villian covers.

Hero limps UTG with AQo, Villian raises to 20, folded to hero who calls.

Flop: Qd 8s Jh

Hero checks, Villian bets 35, Hero calls.

Turn: Jd

Hero bets 100, Villian calls.

River: 7h

Hero? Blocking bet? Push? Check? I wasn't sure what to do here. How's the line up until then?

Bukem_
12-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Raise preflop, bet flop, go from there.

I'd be confused also with your line.

HardCory
12-08-2005, 01:36 AM
ehhhh in this sticky situation i would throw a block bet (something around 75$) out there he may have turned a draw and wanted to stay along for the ride to see the river. It is quite possible your block bet can serve as a value bet.

youngin20
12-08-2005, 03:21 AM
The river is confusing because you have no idea where you are on the flop/turn. passive lines do this because they give no opportunity for the opponent to let you know where he is with a raise/fold/call. i would lead the turn. as played i lead for 100 on the river, and fold to a raise.

Big_Jim
12-08-2005, 03:44 AM
Man.. this is a pretty confusing spot, because of your line.

FWIW... I think that limp calling with offsuit big cards out of position is death. If you're gonna do it, though, I would lead flop, a bit less confusing.

Going with the assumption that PFR is a continuation betting kind of player, his range on the flop is.... any two cards he would raise a limper with.

When he just calls the turn, he could have a flush draw, straight-flush combo, overpair, AQ, KQ or QT, now afraid of the J, or a J or a house waiting to get it in on the river.

Any idea how he plays a lone J here?

On the river, if you check, he probably checks behind any Q, value bets his overpairs, makes a big bet with a J or a house, and either gives up or bluffs his flush draw.

I think that if you make a block bet, you can safely fold to a raise here... but it might make you a bit sick getting like 4.5:1 on your money.

Ghazban
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Check/fold. Nothing he's willing to bet at you on the river is worse than AQ. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll check his KK behind fearing trips.

ahnuld
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Wow, 5 handed, how do you not raise AQ preflop.

rid.br
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
If you're going to take this line of check/call flop, lead turn... Lead for a smaller bet on turn. I think you are commiting too much money OOP with your hand betting 100. And probably just hands that beat you are going to call that.

I'd prefer something between 60 or 70 in a pot that was ~115.

The way the hand was played i think i check/fold river.