PDA

View Full Version : Opening a party account with a new affiliate

Newt_Buggs
12-08-2005, 12:31 AM
A while ago I heard that once your name was registered with an affiliate your name was forever tied with that affiliate. Even if you closed the account and reopened with someone else it you would be tracked by the old affiliate. Does anyone know if this is still true.

bb88
12-08-2005, 12:50 AM
If you create a new account, it will be tracked by whomever you signed up with that specific account if I'm not mistaken. When searching for advice on doing the same thing on Absolute, I ran past quite a few Party success stories. As I recall, people would open then new account (being tracked by a new affiliate), and Party would just call and ask which account you wanted to stay open.

I hope I answered what you asked. But I'm pretty sure if you open a new account, it's tracked by whoever you started that new account with. It really wouldn't be possible for it to have a link to an old affiliate who's link wasn't traced to that specific account.

StacysMom
12-08-2005, 03:19 AM
what he said

PennDisc
12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
If it worked this way people with the same name (this has to be fairly common) would muck up the whole affiliate system.