PDA

View Full Version : KK on Ace hi flop, facing no resistance

Maulik
12-07-2005, 11:51 PM
This flop calls in two places worries me. Fortunately one of the villains has 6bb in front so I'm not too worried about him.

On the flop, I'm called in two places, strange. What's the thought on my turn & river bet outs?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (10.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

damaniac
12-07-2005, 11:56 PM
The second A is obviously a nice card, as it is less likley your opponents have one. I just keep right on betting, the second ace will make them doubtful that you have one and you'll get paid off by a Q as well as charging any flush/straight draws out there, and maybe a middle PP as well.

If you get raised, depends on the player and the board, but I probably call down if the player is aggro.

Harv72b
12-08-2005, 12:24 AM
I like leading the flop, and I like leading the turn--as mentioned above, the second ace hitting makes it much less likely that your 3-betting buddy has one, and quite a few players will take one off on the flop with a gutshot draw (UTG+1). Hell, ignoring the fact that he should probably have folded preflop with KJs or whatever, he'd actually be correct to call 1 on the flop with a gutshot.

I'm not so sold on the river; with the board double-pairing aces &amp; queens, about the only hand which doesn't beat you that's calling you here is the other two kings. I actually prefer a check/call line here, as this has the double effect of maybe inducing JJ or TT to throw another bet into the pot, and of eliminating the possibility of MP3 bluff raising (which you'd be hard-pressed to call) or getting in his raise with his slowplayed AK or whatever. Of course this changes if you have a read on MP3 as a dolt.

damaniac
12-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Er...yeah, somehow I failed to notice that 2nd Queen.

SNOWBALL138
12-08-2005, 01:54 AM
this looks good.
Preflop is automatic cap of course.

Flop:
Gross, an ace. But...you have 2 kings, and there's a Q on board to AK and AQ are much less likely than they were preflop. you might have them beaten, and if you don't you'd certainly like to know sooner rather than later.

turn: Nice. You're almost always ahead here unless you're up against a slowplayed QQ or AQ. TT and JJ are still real possibilities. If villain bets you have to call anyway, so why not bet yourself? Its better than it getting checked behind.

River: this doesn't change anything. your hand is probably still good. The only Q that he would be holding is QQ. KQ almost never 3 bets PF. But there's a problem. If he holds JJ or TT, his pair just got counterfeited, so its hard to say that this is an easy value bet.
So, deciding whether to check/call or bet/fold is pretty player dependent. Will he bluff the river? Will he pay off with JJ or TT?

TheHip41
12-08-2005, 01:58 AM
I'd check/call here. There is no value in this bet. Nothing can call you. I'd check and let him bet his A/Q, so you don't get raised, or, let him bet his JJ, TT, 99 and snap his bluff.