PDA

View Full Version : quick question

aicesfool
07-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Party 1/2

I limp with JTo from LMP. Flop is TJQ. First position bets I call, button raises...do I fold bc of the the many straight possiblities. The player that raised has been unusually quiet over the last few hands.

I imagine i should call, if for nothing else the chance of filling up on the turn bc 4 players in the hand make it a big pot. (I know the odds of filling up are about 1/12)

If you suggest I call the flop raise and I dont fill on the turn, do i now check/fold?

If interested, Ill post the results of the hand.

lil'
07-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I would raise the flop with two pair, and see how people react. If there is still heavy action, you may be behind to a better hand. If people are relatively passive after you raise, you may be ahead as long as blanks fall on the turn and river.

Basically, I don't want anyone with a straight draw taking control of this hand away from me when I have 2 pair.

aicesfool
07-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Ive had recent trouble playing my two pairs, most of the time its just the usual bad beat thing (ive lost 8 straight two pairs in a row). Im starting to think that maybe I have to be especially careful playing my two pairs because most of the time i make two pair its with paint cards (J-A) and either way, often times connected. This would make a straight much more likely when I make two pair. If I'm making two pair with royal connectors or other "close" cards and theres at least 2 or 3 straights possible and I'm seeing a little more action than usual should I play especially carefully and try to use the flop to test the water by throwing out a raise and (hopefully) folding the gutshot draws?

aicesfool
07-13-2003, 12:09 PM
thanks, that seems like a good plan of action, hadnt thought of that before...knowing that player (the little that i do) I have a feeling he would have raised it again and I would certainly have a much clearer idea of where Im at....thanks alot lil'