PDA

View Full Version : If you wanted to know if PH was a fish

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 10:10 PM
He's on UB 300/600 HU HE right now. There are 11 people on the waiting list. I've never seen more than 3.

-Jihad

tomdemaine
12-07-2005, 10:28 PM
well that was quick.

12-07-2005, 10:31 PM
well he just went broke
and called his opponent a "pigeon"
"i bet i could beat you for 100k in the next month, you my new boy."

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 10:36 PM
HAAAHAHAHHAHAHAH. That's perfect. Anybody got a summary of the day? Too many observers.

tomdemaine
12-07-2005, 10:41 PM
You can observe games that are full just leave the window open and it'll show the table after a while. Plus I think he called the guy a piegon rather than a pigeon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMainEvent
12-08-2005, 12:07 AM
After Hellmuth left Keyser was still sitting and the list evaporated within minutes.

12-08-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well he just went broke

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you just know PH was paid to sit there and promote the site. After all, he is the best poker player ever! And charming and witty, to boot. And it isn't because he needs the money, he was helping a friend.

Being the altruistic soul he is, he probably made another of his anonymous donations to charity with the money he received. And I'll bet he also matched the money out of his very own deep pocket(s).

Those rants are documented to be purely for publicity and add only to his famousness. He only acts up because his agent told him he should. I mean, how could a man who loves his mother, as PH does, be a bad person?

And if it wasn't for bad luck he'd be beating all you incompetents every single hand, right?

Yes, I admit it - I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Phil Helmuth! There, I've said it!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-08-2005, 01:32 AM
god I hate that mans act. Just be a normal person please.

whiskeytown
12-08-2005, 03:01 AM
He can't be a normal man...

his endorsements are built on an image which amongst other things, involves him proclaiming loudly that he is the greatest - (i.e. - what I call Oasis Syndrome) -

but whereas Oasis could at least convince a majority and still sell records, PH can not really win at poker anymore, not at the tournament level. Oh, he did ok HU, I guess - but as a whole, if not for his endorsements, I doubt he'd be solvent -

didn't he say he made 50 Mil. from endorsements - he needs to be a dick to sell himself.

RB

coffeecrazy1
12-08-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well he just went broke

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you just know PH was paid to sit there and promote the site. After all, he is the best poker player ever! And charming and witty, to boot. And it isn't because he needs the money, he was helping a friend.

Being the altruistic soul he is, he probably made another of his anonymous donations to charity with the money he received. And I'll bet he also matched the money out of his very own deep pocket(s).

Those rants are documented to be purely for publicity and add only to his famousness. He only acts up because his agent told him he should. I mean, how could a man who loves his mother, as PH does, be a bad person?

And if it wasn't for bad luck he'd be beating all you incompetents every single hand, right?

Yes, I admit it - I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Phil Helmuth! There, I've said it!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel any better, my favorite wrestler is Triple H.

12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel any better, my favorite wrestler is Triple H.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how I could feel any better about my sarcasm. It was fun.
But I tend, at times, to be demented.

Anyway, I can't relate to your "Triple H" reference. I haven't watched "rasslin' "
since the good ole days of Lou Thez, Spider Al Galento, Argentine Rocca,
Gorgeous George, et al.

And those wonderful moments were all shattered when I dated a girl whose dad
was a manager/promoter and referee. He "essplained the game" to me.
Sad, sad day in my young life. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

On a brighter note... I did SIIHP and truly enjoyed it! Every time! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

coffeecrazy1
12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I blame my lack of picking up the sarcasm on the ice storm we had here last night.

Justin A
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
PH is playing again and the list is like 13 names long.

bb88
12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
He's playing $150/$300 Hold'em at a ringgame after losing a bunch at HU O/8. He sat down with 3k...

12-08-2005, 05:48 PM
How do you know it's actually him?

I don't know how the sites work, but if I'm spending big bucks promoting my site and paying a "star" to say he plays there, I think I'd find a way to "have" him there - real or virtually.

In my admitted ignorance, I'm just asking.

PJS
12-08-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know it's actually him?

I don't know how the sites work, but if I'm spending big bucks promoting my site and paying a "star" to say he plays there, I think I'd find a way to "have" him there - real or virtually.

In my admitted ignorance, I'm just asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seen him there today. Trust me, there is only one person that can make the chat steem like never before after a couple of beats! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seen him there today. Trust me, there is only one person that can make the chat steem like never before after a couple of beats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I'm not saying it isn't him. I was only pointing out the possibility that it's not. When you say you "saw" him, didn't you mean you saw an icon purporting to be him?

His BS, in some ways unique, could be imitated.

sign me,
Still Curious

MEbenhoe
12-08-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's on UB 300/600 HU HE right now. There are 11 people on the waiting list. I've never seen more than 3.

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to imply? Phil Hellmuth is the greatest poker player there is,ever was, and ever will be. Do not mock Phil Hellmuth or Phil Hellmuth will be forced to defeat you HEADS UP 10,000/20,000 5 Card Stud like a real man, cuz real men play 5 Card Stud. What you don't play 5 Card Stud? What are you a 3 year old girl? Why don't you go back and cry to your mommy about how Phil Hellmuth looked into your soul and destroyed you. Then when you're done come back and maybe if you get down and beg Phil Hellmuth will toss a couple bucks so you can get drunk and not be so miserable from the beating Phil Hellmuth just put on you. Dont mess with Phil Hellmuth.

P.S. Phil Hellmuth

augie00
12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Great execution of the hit and run. Wins a big pot against Keyser with AK and a few more pots, then leaves with $6,600.

Sponger15SB
12-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Hellmuths act is getting so [censored] tired. Nobody can actually be this stupid. Can they?

MyTurn2Raise
12-09-2005, 04:01 AM
It's fun to watch when Eugeneel smokes him at omaha8 HU

I've seen Hellmuth lose 16-17 buy-ins and never seen Eugeneel have a losing session v him. Hellmuth goes off in the chat box all the time too.

DcifrThs
12-09-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
god I hate that mans act. Just be a normal person please.

[/ QUOTE ]
i love it!!!!

sooo uber profitable

Barron

12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
DIdn't the guy in your animated avatar die when that happened? I thought I saw that vid on ebaums.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that attached to my name. BUt if you are, disregard and keep on rocking.

12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DIdn't the guy in your animated avatar die when that happened? I thought I saw that vid on ebaums.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that attached to my name. BUt if you are, disregard and keep on rocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You waited a month-and-a-half to post THIS? lol.

Anyway, I'd be surprised to learn that this guy DIDN'T die. It's rumored that the pilot lived.