PDA

View Full Version : UB's "Bet Pot" Feature creates major AGGRO!!!

PAUL-IN
07-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Recently UB upgraded their software with a couple enhancements, some for the better, and some for the worse. one addition to the software is a new "BET POT" feature that lets you bet the pot with a click of a button, instead of typing, or using the ever so fun scroller. Has anyone felt that the addition of that "BETPOT" feature has created much more aggresive play?

i have recently played in some multi-tables there and it was being used a LOT. Whereas before, no one really used to bet the pot; i think it makes for a much more difficult game; i started using it too, but this may be one new feature that may cause me to play elsewhere; the bet pot feature encourages much more aggresive play, and hence the major fluctuations which rely more on luck.

i really like ub, but i'm a little "iffy" on the betpot feature...

Nottom
07-13-2003, 03:22 PM
I was noticing that as well ... it seems that before I was one of the few making big bets on the flop. Now people are betting pot with anything, certainly makes it tougher to play a draw now.

PlanoPoker
07-13-2003, 04:33 PM
I haven't played enough on UB since the change to have a sweeping opinion, but one thing is for sure, it has changed the game. I play mostly heads-up sit-n-go tournaments, and it has raised the variance because we are playing less pots for more money, but my opponents are making more mistakes by using that button on a whim. I.e. bad bluffs or over betting the value of their hand. With that button it can appear that you are just "slapping" a pot bet on there in a millisecond, and I have also done that to induce more calls than I used to get with pot sized bets.

I'll have to see how it works though when I run into my next decent opponent. I suspect that the pot-bet button won't make much difference. So in conclusion, I wonder if this button is a good thing for your long term play. It lets weak opponents make more mistakes.

twistedbeats
07-13-2003, 06:39 PM
there's hardly any minimum betting anymore. the games just feel different

nicky g
07-14-2003, 07:23 AM
I hoped they'd introduce something like this for convenience's sake. But the NL sitandgoes games this weekend were a lot tougher than usual. That's not saying all that much but it's definitely turned some weakies into tougher players. I now very much wish they hadn't done it.

Jon Matthews
07-14-2003, 11:23 AM
People were betting the minimum amount way too much on that site to the point of making it tedious. Especially in tourneys.

On bugsy's club they have a bet pot and a bet 1/2 pot button which i think is a good addition.

Also, I like it on VC where they have buttons relative to the blind size like 2x, 4x up to 16x and a max button (pot or all in depending on stakes) - it makes for a lot less weak minimum betting and you have to press a Bet button after choosing this so you can hit the +/- and mix it up a little rather than having a one hit button which makes for repetition. A lot quicker than using sliders too...

Jon