PDA

View Full Version : Online SNG's: Note Taking

12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Just a general question...what kind of notes would be best to take when playing online. I got the basics down (i.e. listing TAG, bluffs, LAG, etc). I sometimes type examples from hand history. I just wanted to know other players are doing.

jwvdcw
12-07-2005, 09:50 PM
the most important notes to take in a tourney imho is how aggressive a player is in the mid-late game.

If a player often folds from SB late, then its nice to choose the seat to his left.

I'd generally try to sit far away from aggressive players.

If a player likes to push from BB when everyone folds and SB limps, then I note that to trap him with huge hands in that situation.

Take notes on how easily a player will relinquish his/her blinds to raises and how aggressive they are late in games. I wouldn't spend too much time taking notes on early game play unless a player is very bad(almost any note I take early on is on a bad player telling me so). Most good players will play so differently later on than they do early because they've been taught to try to "set up an image" early on and exploit that later, so its not really worth it to take many notes then.

I also like taking heavy notes in the final 2. Again, I mainly focus on their level of aggression.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock into one game, as it could just be a bad night/game for a player and they are on tilt. If I take a note on someone for the first time, I will include the phrase "monitor more" next to it. Then if that note is reconfirmed later on, I will erase "monitor more."