PDA

View Full Version : 3/3 with 3 clubs on the flop. PLEASE HELP! results 2 follow

soxfan70
07-13-2003, 07:10 AM
in a limit tourney with levels at 800/1600, UTG i call with a pair of threes(spade/diamond). Two players behind my call, SB folds, BB checks. Flop comes A, Q, 6, all clubs. BB checks, and I come out swinging, and bet 800. The two callers after me fold, and the BB calls. Fourth street is another club, the four. the bb checks again. What should I have done?

fnurt
07-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I would not have played 33 UTG with the blinds this high (at limit, no less).

Failing that, I would not have risked another 800 to try and blow 3 opponents off the hand on the flop, it's just too easy for someone to have hit this particular flop.

Failing that, I can't see investing any more money in this hand. You know you're beat, why spend a ton of money praying that the better hand will lay it down.

soxfan70
07-14-2003, 02:24 PM
That's what I figured. I checked at the turn. And the river comes an 8 of hearts. The BB checks again, as do I, using the same thinking I did on the turn. The BB turns up 8 - 9 off suit - no clubs, but he paird on the river and beat my threes! I'm not sure if I was more pissed at myself for not betting again, or at him for calling my original bet.

Copernicus
07-14-2003, 02:36 PM
NL with a huge stack you might call a low pair out of position hoping to hit a set (and folding anything else unless the only remaining players are running low...but not so low they have to call any bet).

Limit, I agree with fnurt, get out without investing anything. Low pairs cost me more than any other starting hand, and I still have to chant my anti-small pair mantra every time I get one.

pokerlover
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
You should have folded pre-flop. 3-3 is not profitable to play in that position.