PDA

View Full Version : Sending flowers advice + bikini pic

B00T
12-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I know this has been done in the past but a search turns up zippo on 2+2...

I gotta send flowers tomorrow for a bday. Any trip reports on whatever places 1800Flowers etc much appreciated...

It turned into a last minute thing, price isnt really an issue just want some decent quality stuff sent...I will be ordering tomorrow morning for a late afternoon delivery.

Please post any experiences or reccomendations...

Thanks in advance!

http://home.versatel.nl/cj_girl/images/05.jpg

MrTrik
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I've used 1800flowers for years. They've screwed up maybe once and rectified it. Wasn't a big deal, I sent two dozen roses once and she only got one. So the next day she got another after I contacted them.

Otherwise, they always come through for me. If anyone wants to use them at high traffic times, like Valentine's day or Mother's day, don't bother with the website ... unless they've upgraded it, go with the phone number.

MrTrik
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh, forgot this: thanks for the hot chick. Wow.

4_2_it
12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
1-800-Flowers is fine. Hot chick is finer.

Slow Play Ray
12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
I always just search for a florist on the town I am sending them too, and call up.

B00T
12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Yea thats what I originally thought to do. It's in the Bronx and I have no idea what is considered close in proximity in an area like that

dcasper70
12-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Nothing but great luck with ProFlowers (http://www.proflowers.com).

mrkilla
12-07-2005, 08:12 PM
If its for the chick in this picture I willhand deliver them for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've use FTP and 800 floors online, 1800 worked best, PS Include the teddy bear, chicks DIIIIIIIIIIG the teddy bear, thats the "oh baby your more special " then flowers gift...suckers...

Wes ManTooth
12-07-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing but great luck with ProFlowers (http://www.proflowers.com).

[/ QUOTE ]

ProFlowers is good, and they ussualy have great deals and many options. I have ordered from the last minute and they can deliever the next day before noon.

Gunny Highway
12-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Make sure you send them to er work, or someplace where her friends see her get them. That is KEY!

MrTrik
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you send them to er work, or someplace where her friends see her get them. That is KEY!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is excellent advice! Listen to Gunny. I learned this a long time ago and I am considered a god within her workplace. Of course all the guys give me good natured [censored] for it because I'm crushing the curve.

Sending flowers is so damn easy and so unbelievably appreciated I don't understand why more don't do it.

B00T
12-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Good call Gunny. She lives in the suburbs near me and teaches down in the Bronx. Thats also why I am sending them there instead of just giving em to her when I see her later that night. And if by co-workers you really meant 27 8 yr old kids then yea, she will have her word cut out for her dealing with the little rugrats. I will score some points with the geeks in her carpool. Thanks for the help, I went with ProFlowers.

Blarg
12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Include a poem to show you love her. Something like:

On this your special day
My heart is beside you all the way
But if you don't give me some play
I'll probably go gay.

OtisTheMarsupial
12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
1 800 FLOWERS is fine. But they always have coupons, so find a code before you order.

lapoker17
12-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Use a local florist - not one of these mass market hacks.

And don't send roses.

bwana devil
12-08-2005, 12:23 AM
no, dont use 1800flowers. they are a service that charges to call a local florist where the flowers are to be delivered. the charge is around $10-15.

if the flowers are going out of town go to www.anywho.com (http://www.anywho.com) for instance and put in the zip code you want the flowers delivered to and put in the biz type florist. call a local florist and tell them what you want. if it's a GF type set up tell them. a lot of places have websites and they can direct you to them and give you that set up.

either save $10-15 or put that back in the flowers and get an even nicer boquet.

bwana