PDA

View Full Version : Slipping in with Kings

Mikey
07-13-2003, 02:38 AM
I'm playing 10-20 HE at the TAJ.

I have black Kings in the SB.

UTG limps in and in Mid position Wacky Maniac raises.

Cutoff 3-bets and says "I know I have her beat."
I think if he had Aces or another high pocker pair he would have just kept quiet. Also he has tried isolating her on numerous occasions and miserably failed.

I think for a second and call.

The reason why I call is because I know that the maniac will cap as she has done that last two times, and this allows me to slip in with Kings without even making any noise.

BB folds and UTG calls the 30.

Maniac of course caps it, Cutoff calls, I call. UTG calls.

Now here is my question.

Should I consider capping it myself even though I know the maniac and cutoff will come along giving myself a better chance of winning if I can elimiate UTG for sure, giving myself a better in a 3-way pot or should i not mind UTG coming along for the ride.

In all do you think this is a good play.

I'll post the flop and results later.

Ed Miller
07-13-2003, 07:26 AM
You shouldn't mind UTG coming in. In fact, you shouldn't mind anyone coming in unless he has Aces. And if he has Aces, you probably can't raise him out.

Be aware, though, that the infamous Mikey calling 2.5 bets cold in the SB will make a noise to some players...

Dynasty
07-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Be aware, though, that the infamous Mikey calling 2.5 bets cold in the SB will make a noise to some players...

I surprised that somebody didn't ask if Mikey was dealt three similar looking cards.

If the maniac will cap almost all the time, the smooth call is defnitely best.

Mikey
07-14-2003, 01:28 PM
Flop is 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Not the happiest of flops but I like it.

I lead right out and bet.
UTG calls.
Maniac gives me this 3 second staredown and calls, Cutoff calls.

Turn is an 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

I bet, UTG calls, Maniac calls, co folds

River is Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

I check, UTG bets, Maniac calls, I fold.

DARN IT!!

UTG shows A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif for the flush nuts and maniac had a heart but wasn't high enough.

I think UTG played it terribly, but thank goodness another heart came or else I would have put in another $20.

Dynasty
07-14-2003, 02:21 PM
7,2,2 is a great flop for a big pocket pair despite a flush draw.