PDA

View Full Version : Bah humbug

Irieguy
12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I don't have kids, my brother, sister, mom, dad, nieces and nephews live in different cities, and my wife has to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I'll be on call... which means I have to sit around and wait for my phone to ring.

I lost my taste for the grotesque consumerism of the holidays years ago, so my wife and I now just spend all of our "christmas present money" on buying toys and clothes for kids that really need it on behalf of our family and friends.

So, no tree, no presents, no family, no turkey dinner... just me and 99,784,022,394,802,938 SNGs.

This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Irieguy

11t
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Yah, I am staying on my college campus for Christmas except for the 4 days I am going home to see my folks. My goal is to play ~15k hands of SH NL and sevreal hundred SNG's between when my finals get over and new years.

It is going to be a merry Christmas.

jeffraider
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Maybe learn to 20-table and quit whining about downswings so much [censored] [censored] [censored]

jk jk <3

johnnybeef
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids, my brother, sister, mom, dad, nieces and nephews

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd generation skipperbobs.

skipperbob
12-07-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids, my brother, sister, mom, dad, nieces and nephews live in different cities, and my wife has to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I'll be on call... which means I have to sit around and wait for my phone to ring.

I lost my taste for the grotesque consumerism of the holidays years ago, so my wife and I now just spend all of our "christmas present money" on buying toys and clothes for kids that really need it on behalf of our family and friends.

So, no tree, no presents, no family, no turkey dinner... just me and 99,784,022,394,802,938 SNGs.

This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anybody else see the irony of this man's situation?..He spends his workday convincing women that they should pay him to touch their "private parts". Then he spends his evenings convincing women that he should pay them to touch their "private parts" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

Try having one, but not getting to spend Christmas with her. I win.

playtitleist
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my wife and I now just spend all of our "christmas present money" on buying toys and clothes for kids that really need it on behalf of our family and friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep this up if and when you have children and you win...actually second to SuitedSixes. Sorry SS, I can not imagine it.

The Yugoslavian
12-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Irie,

I recommend getting some 'special lady friends' to come over in elven outfits and dance on your scrippa pole.

And put misletoe everywhere....

How can that end up being a bad Christmas?!? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yugoslav

skipperbob
12-07-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie,

I recommend getting some 'special lady friends' to come over in elven outfits and dance on your scrippa pole.

And put misletoe everywhere....

How can that end up being a bad Christmas?!? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

"Elven" /images/graemlins/crazy.gifWhat, in the pluperfectfuck, is an elven outfit /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pergesu
12-07-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my dad's a Navy ENT surgeon. He missed 6 Christmases in a row with us because Marines and sailors like to get drunk and fight on Christmas. Sucked balls.

jeffraider
12-07-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pluperfectfuck

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assimilating this word into my vocabulary.

GtrHtr
12-07-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my dad's a Navy ENT surgeon. He missed 6 Christmases in a row with us because Marines and sailors like to get drunk and perform oral on each other on Christmas. Oh, and they also Sucked balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Irieguy
12-07-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my dad's a Navy ENT surgeon. He missed 6 Christmases in a row with us because Marines and sailors like to get drunk and perform oral on each other on Christmas. Oh, and they also Sucked balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Gtr... made me actually laugh out loud.

Irieguy

mlagoo
12-07-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, its the dudes father youre talking about

people on the internet are crazy

hobbes9324
12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm an ER doc - belive me when I say that doing pelvics on patients, no matter how young and goodlooking, is far from enjoyable...
or, to quote one of my partners......"I'll snort twice if I find truffles....."

MM MD

pergesu
12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Nah it's okay. Gtr's army and that's what he's "taught" to "think." My dad's a playa. Wish he had passed the genes.

DrPhysic
12-07-2005, 08:09 PM
bpoy!

Doc

GtrHtr
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, its the dudes father youre talking about

people on the internet are crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny! read it again.

DrPhysic
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
I think it's one of those skimpy green outfits with the mistletoe beltbuckle.

Doc

12-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Cardplayer magazine had an article recently - "10 Reasons not to go pro".

#11. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4131615&an=0&page=0&gone w=1)

pergesu
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cardplayer magazine had an article recently - "10 Reasons not to go pro".

#11. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4131615&an=0&page=0&gone w=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Irie's a doctor /images/graemlins/confused.gif

12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Just this thread in general is what I meant. It was a (mostly lame) jab at how sociologically dysfunctional many poker players are.

bones
12-07-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just this thread in general is what I meant. It was a (mostly lame) jab at how sociologically dysfunctional many poker players are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't get why this thread would lead you to that observation.

1C5
12-07-2005, 08:44 PM
where is that article, you could at least provide a link to it...

valenzuela
12-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I find it really cool that u help others instead of taking part of this consumerism holiday, I really do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Look I said it was lame joke ok? Mostly I was just keying on how many posts have something to do with some form of genitalia and how many avatars feature prodigious buttocks. And this image:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for no link. Here you go http://www.cardplayer.com/cpcollege/article.php?a_id=82&m_id=3.

I'd say #1, #3 and #4 are the only ones that actually gave me pause. But #2? My first thought was I could use a lot of that.

Daliman
12-08-2005, 12:58 AM
I have 2 kids that need toys and clothes.

Ship it! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AA suited
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

LesJ
12-11-2005, 01:32 PM
<<<99,784,022,394,802,938 SNGs.>>
kinda off topic here, I guess, but just how many tables are you playing at a time to get that many in?
Les

Maulik
12-11-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your selfless ways.

SuitedSixes
12-11-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He DOES have a stripper pole in his living room, though.

Maulik
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He DOES have a stripper pole in his living room, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

big pimpin'

nuff said.