PDA

View Full Version : Romantic non-French restaurant suggestions in NYC?

12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Subject pretty much says it all. Money's not too big of an ojbect, but if you can provide an idea of what it might cost, I'd appreciate it. I'd prefer near Upper East Side, but I'm flexible on that one.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Spicy Indian food. If she still goes down after you spent a whole dinner feeling your fart bubbles pop through your scrot-skin, she's a keeper.

Also, any local joint in the middle of Chinatown, San Fran. They talk so [censored] much there, and their language is vomit inducing. But at least you don't have to hear your date. Very small chance the bitch is saying anything worthwhile.

-Jihad

astroglide
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
you mentioned a soon to be fiance in another thread right? are you going to propose there?

and for the love of god tell people what the end of your email address is

IndieMatty
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
If you like Japanese food, Geisha on the UES side is pretty good. Very downtowny. Get the lobster with unan noodles.

nyc999
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
One if By Land
Gramercy Tavern

They will both run you $200 - $250, depending on the drinks. Both are very worth it.

DoubleDown
12-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Rice - lex & 28th or 29th or so. calming ambience. dimly lit; mostly by candlelight. food is very tasty, with different styles of rices being the specialty. entrees&apps are asian/indian/middle eastern. not a fusion, but items from each style are available. both veg & non-veg. the veg meatballs are super (esp if you like something a little spicier). i highly reccomend their sangria (they have both white & red) ... after a carafe or two your ladyfriend will be ready to be whisked away for a night of sweet love-making.