PDA

View Full Version : I'm absolutely sick to my stomach!!!!

balt999
07-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Sometimes you feel your in a zone....you play well for 9 hrs...making ubeliveable reads...perfect value bets...staying away from major confrontations with those big stacks...all that and you make one BONEhead play and cost you a chance of making the money (27 spots were paid)....then you leave the table feeling absolutely SICK To you STOMACH devastated!!

Today...I endured this feeling...

Headed out to play in #1 Event of the Orleans Open here in Vegas -- $125 Buy In Limit Hold Em...A whoping 1166 players were in this event!!! AFter 9 hrs, I find myself one of the last 40 players remaining...After the Dinner Break, The Blinds 3K-6K....I have around 24K when this hand comes up....UTG raises to 6....He has around 40K..I 3bet with two black Kings...it's cold=called by another player with around 18K

Flop comes...8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked to me..I bet...both call...

Turn is A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif We all Check the turn....

River is 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

UTG bets....In my mind, I know I'm beat....but my brain does tell my hands..and I make a crying call....and UTG did have A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I went out shortly thereafter when my pocket 9's ran into Pocket Qs...

I guess the bottom line I should have saved that extra 6K to fight another day...but it's heresay now...

Any thoughts would be appreciated! and if anyone has any Pepto Bismo handle...I could sure use a bottle /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Rickfish
07-13-2003, 08:10 AM
I think the main question is whether you should bet the flop. You have pot 9k into the pot so far, maybe finding out whether you are winning for an extra 3k is a good idea. When someone calls you are probably losing. I am a NL/PL player and generally assume that KK is no good if an Ace comes on the flop. Is this true in Limit too?

Squirrel
07-13-2003, 08:52 AM
How quick do you come to this rather bold assumption?

Squirrel
07-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Tough spot, I think you played it well. I think UTG did too.

The presence of a potential overcall by the other player makes your river call less automatic, but I would have to be damn sure of my read to lay this down. Mucking the best hand here is a disaster.

I can't imagine what the cold caller had to play the way he did.