PDA

View Full Version : set on monotone overbet flop

ahnuld
12-07-2005, 06:03 PM
6max 400nl on party. No real read on villan. 2 limps and I have 88 in the BB. I check flop comes
4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. I check, limper bets 15, limper 2 calls, I call (yaya yell all ya want, I like to mix it up sometimes).

Turn is offsuit J. I check, raiser bets 80 into 60 pot, other guy coldcalls again, Ahnuld.... (oh cold caller has about 200 left, raiser has about 350 left after his riase, I cover all)

scdavis0
12-07-2005, 06:07 PM
call

Hattifnatt
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Bet flop.

As played I probably push turn.

crosse91
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
apprently i'm in the minority that think you're beat.

scdavis0
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
uhh you advocate a fold?

ahnuld
12-07-2005, 06:58 PM
he never said fold. I guess what it comes down to is if I think im beat call, otherwise push.

aggie
12-07-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he never said fold. I guess what it comes down to is if I think im beat call, otherwise push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, clearly folding is not an option...As played i think you should push....There are lot's of hands you're beating A w club, naked Kc, 2 pair, etc. And if you're behind you have outs....Any raise pot commits you, so just shove'em allin!!! If you lose it's good for you're Shania

12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
As played, I think I either push or fold. I lean toward push.

I really think you are ahead of the raiser, but behind the cold caller. Raiser might have TPGK-type hand and I think caller has a non-nut flush. A push will probably fold the raiser, but I don't know about the caller. Even if the smaller flush doesn't fold, you still have 10 outs to the boat or quads.

GL

Big_Jim
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think you are ahead of the raiser, but behind the cold caller. Raiser might have TPGK-type hand and I think caller has a non-nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the caller is about 10X more likely to have the nut flush than a non-nut flush, but I would love to hear an explanation that explains otherwise.

Caller probably has K/images/graemlins/club.gifx

ahnuld
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, clearly folding is not an option...As played i think you should push....There are lot's of hands you're beating A w club, naked Kc, 2 pair, etc. And if you're behind you have outs....Any raise pot commits you, so just shove'em allin!!! If you lose it's good for you're Shania

[/ QUOTE ]

I shoved, raiser insta called with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the smooth caller folded for his last bit. River came J, pairing the board (yay!) and I took it down.

Leptyne
12-08-2005, 01:11 AM
The board will pair 13 of the time so with 2 callers ahead you clearly have pot adds to call, not to mention the implied odds if you hit. I think if the board pairs you are WA, and how does the flush get away? Other villain either has bottom set or a flush draw like Ax Xc.

I like the check also. No need to take away the lead and risk having the 2nd villain give it up. Multiway pot!

12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I figured the caller for the non-nut flush because it seemed like he was trying to keep the pot from getting too big. He just played it like a non-nut hand. With the nuts with a lot of action most players are looking to get it all in.

One caveat is that I don't play 6-max much, but that is how it looked to me after reading the OP.

Vince