PDA

View Full Version : AK vs. a spazzy, random player

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
villain here plays just weird. He will take stabs at pots and is very loose. His line here completely befuddled me.
villain limps UTG, I don't recall what happened after that too much, lets say one other guy limps and I raise A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the hijack.

Flop 3-4 ways: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checks, to me, I bet, folds, UTG now c/r's me (it's HU when it is back to me and i call).

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
villain checks, I bet, he c/r's me AGAIN, I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
villain checks, I..........

gonores
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Any time I have 1 pair and I am facing a trifecta, I'm checking behind. You're in a hell of a spot if he raises you again, and he'll most likely fold if he doesn't raise. His river check means either he's giving up or he's trying to make you look stupid.

Hamlet
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I think I just check it down here. It is likely you are ahead, but I don't want to lay 2-to-1 odds on it. You can't fold to a raise. I suspect his two likely hands are a Jack and a pair and two pair like QT, KT, KQ, etc. I lean towards a Jack and a pair, but not strongly enough to bet.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His river check means either he's giving up or he's trying to make you look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. He has no idea who he is up against, as I am PokerBob and no one makes me look stupider than me.

smurfitup
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just check it down here. It is likely you are ahead, but I don't want to lay 2-to-1 odds on it. You can't fold to a raise. I suspect his two likely hands are a Jack and a pair and two pair like QT, KT, KQ, etc. I lean towards a Jack and a pair, but not strongly enough to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i think something like a jack and a heart draw might play it this way, but the thought of being trifectad would make me freeze up on the river.

Nick C
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Villain's line is actually one (versus me, in any case) that will often get him to showdown at only slightly more expense than check-calling the whole way would have -- because I'm not letting him checkraise me again on the river without something closer to the nuts than TPTK.

wdcbooks
12-07-2005, 07:09 PM
If he has AQ of hearts I actually like the way he played it. If I had to bet on it I would guess that you are ahead, but there is no way my weak tight ass is putting any more bets in that pot. I think a decent pair and a heart draw is the most likely hand.

ErrantNight
12-07-2005, 07:22 PM
still check behind /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ErrantNight
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
fwiw i'd have liked to 3-bet this flop

SGS
12-07-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i'd have liked to 3-bet this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

SGS