PDA

View Full Version : Corndogs versus hotdogs

Shajen
12-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I love corndogs.

They are damned tasty. My favorite part:

The end near the handle where it gets all hard and crunchy. Love it.

Would you rather have a corndog or a hot dog with regular condiments, such as mustard and ketchup?

Gunny Highway
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
No chili? Then corndog.

Cancuk
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I tend to forget the gross meat that i'm eating while I eat a corndog, which makes it much better IMO.

also, the crunchy part is delicious.

also, although I don't eat hotdogs very often, I eat corndogs even less often, which makes it better.

also, you probably just need a vacation.

tdarko
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
corndog, nothing.

hell i usually miss half of the texas/ou game each year cause i am camped at the corn dog stand putting it out of business. i go natural, no ketchup no mustard, and yes i eat it all even the crunchies at the end. mmmmmmmmmm.

12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Hot dog, not really close imo. I love a good bbqd dog, with as grilled bun, extra mustard. Home Depot has some damn fine hot dogs too, come with peppers, relish, tomatos, celery salt etc.

12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I cannot in good fath vote as I have never had the pleasure of masticating a corn dog. Alas, I am not a whole person....

Gunny Highway
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot in good fath vote as I have never had the pleasure of masticating a corn dog. Alas, I am not a whole person....

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this possible?

RunDownHouse
12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Are you European? Did you spring from the womb fully matured? How have you never eaten a corndog?

Slow Play Ray
hot dogs are f'n gross - the only way to even partially rescue them is to surround them in baked cornmeal and mustard.

I dont have a clue. I dont think they are sold within the City of Boston.

Soul Daddy
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I am constantly disappointed in corndogs. I go a year without having one and suddenly I convince myself that I really like them. They're okay, I just always think they should be better. Gimme a regular dog with mustard any day.

Slow Play Ray
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they are.

JaBlue
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Corndogs are the [censored].

That said, I really enjoy hotdogs with everything on em :[onions, relish, ketchup mustard..] mmm.

Tough decision but I went with corndog

12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah! The only strange tubesteak I've had in Boston is the Monster Dog at Fenway! Yummy! It's the size of your forearm!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/IMG_7175.jpg

Slow Play Ray
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
that's f'n gross dude. ugh.

daryn
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never had one either. i've never even seen one.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
mini corndogs are the best

tonypaladino
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I can't beleive corndog is winning.
I think the reason is that people only hotdog experiences involve Nathan's stands in mall food courts.

Have a Chicago Dog from shake shack, then tell me hotdogs don't rock.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason is that people only hotdog experiences involve Nathan's stands in mall food courts.

[/ QUOTE ] right, because hot dogs are nearly impossible for most people to make at home.

Anyways, hotdogs easily.

mj12
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
hot dogs are way betr, i get bored of my corndog b4 im halfway done. That is why i eat an unhealthy amount of streetmeat for my lunches downtown
ps a spicy sausage blows both out of the water

Slow Play Ray
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a spicy sausage blows both out of the water

[/ QUOTE ]

duh.

wayabvpar
12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Costco dogs for the win. Those things are freakin' great. I love a good hotdog with all the trimmings- mustard, relish, onions (the 3 musts); you can add things like mayo, celery salt, hot peppers, etc if you are so inclined.

For those of you in the Bellevue area, check out Matt's Famous Chili Dogs. Very solid.

Nothing wrong with a good corndog either, but a good hotdog blows a corndog out of the water.

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Shajen,

Both are gross and delicious.

I picked hot dog because I think as a general delicious gross food item I had to eat every day, I would go with hot dog.

Corn dogs are more like McRibs or KFC to me, they are more of a craving item that I want once in a while, but after having it I don't want it again for a long time (as the gross memories dissipate, leaving you with only the delicious memories). Come to think of it, it has probably been over 10 years since I had a corndog. Now I'm in the mood for a corndog. We don't have malls or food courts out here in SF, so I'm not really sure where to get one. Maybe in an airport during my holiday travels.

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
All,

A random aside. The hotdogs at Yankee Stadium are f'in great.

Shajen
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Daryn, you definitely should. I had no idea corndogs were a regional thing.

daryn
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
for those in boston:

http://www.spikesjunkyarddogs.com/images/home_page/logo_large.gif

Spike's (http://www.spikesjunkyarddogs.com)

B Dids
12-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I strongly prefer the Corndog.

Shajen
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
El D, I had two deliciously golden brown deep-fried cornmeal death sticks today from the deli downstairs.

Spicy golden mustard and regular ketchup.

Mmmmm,

Shajen

astroglide
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
it is awesome that mcdonald's realizes the memory element of the mcrib and never makes it a permanent menu item. pure genius.

Jeffage
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I absolutely love corndogs...there are a couple passable frozen varieties, but nothing compares to the carnival version complete with a huge ass funnel cake. Yum.

Jeff

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Shajen,

I do not use any condiments on corndogs.

12ozLongneck
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
A corndog. A Fletcher's corndog from the State Fair of Texas to be specific.

12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely love corndogs...there are a couple passable frozen varieties, but nothing compares to the carnival version complete with a huge ass funnel cake. Yum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep frying makes ALL the difference. You can have an edible corn dog at home if you bake it or nuke it, but it's nowhere close to the taste of one fresh out of the fryer.

MrTrik
12-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Corndogs with mustard. Oh yeah. They're hard to find around here though. Fairs and carnivals always have them though.

Was at Ford Field in Detroit for a Vikings game last weekend and had the very best hot dog and gyro sandwhich I've ever had. Hmmm, at a dome stadium, never would have figured on that.

ChipWrecked
12-08-2005, 04:33 AM
The west coast conv. store AM/PM has quite good corndogs, a nice surprise.

That said, a true Chicago dog blows corn dog out of the water.

12-08-2005, 06:28 AM
They serve corndogs in my college's cafeteria, and unlike the rest of the food they serve there, the corndogs are quite delicious. I am of average height and weight, but once in an eating competition, managed to eat 11 full corn dogs. It was one of my proudest moments.

edtost
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerdirty
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between a Yankee Dog and a Fenway Frank?

Yankee Dogs are served in late October.

Haha.

Aloysius
12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

For frozen varieties - they sell this at Costco and I like them just fine - http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6192/fosters9ml.jpg

Foster's Corndogs - Many To Choose From (http://www.fosterfarms.com/products/corndogs.asp)

Hotdog >>> Corndog, due primarily to versatility (so many ways to dress up a hotdog). Side note, very exciting when the Bike and Hollywood Park started offering Pink's dogs , upsetting when the Bike inexplicably stopped serving them /images/graemlins/confused.gif

L.A. Has Some Good Hot Dogs, Even the Dodger Dog,
-Al

sfer
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

The two times I've been to Fenway they've been slightly undercooked and oddly delicious. Are they always prepared thus?

dblgutshot
12-08-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Costco dogs for the win.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeaaaah

At first I would say I like corndogs more, because when I have one, its really good as its usually only once a year I have one. But now that I think about it I'd have to say hotdogs in general are better. So disgusting yet so good/

12-08-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

The two times I've been to Fenway they've been slightly undercooked and oddly delicious. Are they always prepared thus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! How to cook a Fenway Frank:

1) a cooler full of unwraped hotdogs
2) a cooler full of sorta hot water
3) Pour hotdogs in cooler full of water
4) Pull out hotdogs as quickly as possible and sell for $5.50 each.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE the Fenway Frank but they are not the most cooked food ever. The new Monster Dog is grilled so it's a lot warmer. Yummy!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/IMG_7176.jpg

SackUp
12-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Corndogs rock more on the whole, though there are some fine hot dogs out there as well. You cannot really beat a Costco hotdog deal.

Also, I what about bagel dogs? Not my favorite of the bunch, but damn good as well.

dblgutshot
12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Bagel dog?? does it stick thru the hole? haha

M0n3y0nf1r3
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Corndogs are sooo yummy especially at the fair when downies make them. I run the ketchup and mustard combo with a large coke; sadly this runs about $9.00 at the fair, but its well worth the $ due to the rarity of the corndog itself.
-$