PDA

View Full Version : holy [censored] my buildings surrounded by cops with rifles

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:33 PM
um, wow......wtf.....there's a bank downstairs and the whole block is surrounded by police...

there are aboug 30 cops at various places rifles drawn....

more to come....

man
12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
how many people live in your building?

what kind of area do you live in?

do you have a camera?

anxiously awaiting results,
man

edit: haha, I missed the whole "bank" thing. the last question still applies.

Slow Play Ray
12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
most importantly - are you at all worried they're actually there for you?

12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
that's pretty [censored] intense man.

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:36 PM
i have a camera phone...will try to take a pic...

i'm thinking there's a hostage downstairs in the bank...

Shajen
be safe dude. If it's a bank robbery, they may try to go up the floors. Be careful, stay out of sight.

Aloysius
Asofel - this is awesome. Don't get shot. Where do u live?

This Is Awesome,
-Al

Ever see that episode of "Seinfeld" where Kramer and his intern dropped the bag out the window...

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
yeah this is at work so we've all locked the doors and are kind of trying to figure out wtf is going on...

this is in rosslyn, va right across the potomac from dc...

12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
[censored] staying out of site, grab a rifle and hunt him down!

Stay safe. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:40 PM
ok the cops just went in...

i'm on the 5th floor, bank is on ground level...

Warik
Go downstairs and kill the bad guy.

asofel
my ceo is still giving a demo on the phone...

kipin
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Don't open the door for this guy.

http://twoday.net/static/txt/images/falling_down.jpg

TheMainEvent
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Blow up a brown paper bag, wait until one of your co-workers is looking down at the action out the window, sneak up behind him and pop it.

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
a coworker was downstairs at the time, evidently it IS a bank robbery, holy [censored] a shot just went off......

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
ok so he ( the coworker who was there at the time) was rushed out the building, hands up, got frisked...

ok evidently all the employees are locked int he vault.....

DMBFan23
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
holy crap this is like three blocks from my apartment building

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
oh [censored] dude that's right your'e in riverview right?

eviljeff
that'd be funny if it turns out to be queso fresco and not coke

asofel
i think its diffused now...the cops are kind of standing around now and things don't seem tense...

4_2_it
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I guess RunDownHouse really wanted that $640 back.

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
lmao, nice 4_2_it...

ok cops driving away, some still sticking around...

i was just about to get some lunch too...

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blow up a brown paper bag, wait until one of your co-workers is looking down at the action out the window, sneak up behind him and pop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, i missed this originally, this would SO not be cool /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eviljeff
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess RunDownHouse really wanted that $640 back.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

eviljeff
12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then when he turns around have a good laugh.

...and stick a gun in his mouth and blow his [censored] head off

asofel
12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/asofel/2.jpg

not a great camera phone but the circle in the back is part of the street where they blocked things off...the two circles under that were cops with rifles peeking around [censored]...

12-07-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
um, wow......wtf.....there's a bank downstairs and the whole block is surrounded by police...

there are aboug 30 cops at various places rifles drawn....

more to come....

[/ QUOTE ]

It is probably just a military coup, my friend. We have them all the time in Nigeria. A few politicians are executed, a few buildings are burned, the cable goes out, but then all returns back to normal within a couple of weeks. Just sit tight, my friend.

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
asofel,

You are a pussy. I would have gone downstairs, disarmed the robbers, and freed the hostages.

Shajen
12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
El D, this is [censored] and you know it. You'd be one of the robbers.

Eurotrash
12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

You are a pussy. I would have gone downstairs, disarmed the robbers, and freed the hostages.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's right, asofel. you missed your chance to go John McClane on their Hans Gruber.

glad to hear that your Nakatomi Plaza escaped relatively unscathed, though.

asofel
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Idi,

Thank you for the advice. Is there some sort of way I could repay you?

El D,

I was in the process of tying our shirts together so I could rappel down the building and smash through the windows...

Sadly it looks like i need to work on my square knots...

Humbly,
Asofel

astroglide
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he's right, asofel. you missed your chance to go John McClane on their Hans Gruber.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think prince akeem jaffa of zamunda would have been a better choice

Ulysses
asofel,

Cool, glad to hear you were getting ready to kick some ass.

This also reminds me of another random thought. You know when you're the good guy in a movie or real life or something and you end up saving the day and capturing the bad guys and there's somehow like millions of dollars involved (like maybe they had a truck filled with all the money from a vault or something or maybe they were drug dealers and you caught them in their lair that has bricks of money stored in the walls or something). Well anyway, when that happens, I think I'd always grab a couple of those bricks of money and stick them in my pocket. If this is like the pension fund money for a bunch of steel workers that some bad corporate guy is trying to steal, then I wouldn't take any. I'm mainly talking about situations where I am saving the day for some big faceless corporation or it is the bad dudes' money. Anyway, that's all.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
I was in the process of tying our shirts together so I could rappel down the building and smash through the windows...

Sadly it looks like i need to work on my square knots...

Humbly,
Asofel

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a good thing this was all over before you tried this. I definitely would not go with a square knot in this situation.

astroglide
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
welcome back, patrick

asofel
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
hmm...

well maybe i could just tie my hands behind my back with the square knot, then rappel down with a stronger not. this is easily more badass.

uw_madtown
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

You are a pussy. Chuck Norris would have gone downstairs, disarmed the robbers, and freed the hostages.

[/ QUOTE ]

asofel
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

This also reminds me of another random thought. You know when you're the good guy in a movie or real life or something and you end up saving the day and capturing the bad guys and there's somehow like millions of dollars involved (like maybe they had a truck filled with all the money from a vault or something or maybe they were drug dealers and you caught them in their lair that has bricks of money stored in the walls or something). Well anyway, when that happens, I think I'd always grab a couple of those bricks of money and stick them in my pocket. If this is like the pension fund money for a bunch of steel workers that some bad corporate guy is trying to steal, then I wouldn't take any. I'm mainly talking about situations where I am saving the day for some big faceless corporation or it is the bad dudes' money. Anyway, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good random point. i feel the same way--it would be hard for me to not do this to say Saddam's money if i was in Iraq.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
welcome back, patrick

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm back so much as visiting, though. Things are busy.

IndieMatty
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

[/ QUOTE ]

This was so spaceman.

asofel
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

You are a pussy. Chuck Norris would have gone downstairs, disarmed the robbers, and freed the hostages.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Chuck Norris wouldn't even need to go downstairs.

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Matty: What are your thoughts on that thought, though?

Eurotrash
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, did you see Die Hard 3? this is what Zeus (Samuel L. Jackson) does.

except he later forgets it on the seat of the old car after he and McClane have to jack a new one off somebody.

"the was my gold bar!"

eviljeff
12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
http://images.kenyonhill.com/tz/revimg/thmb_776_firefight.jpg

there was a firefight!

12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me a cynic, but you're wearing a mask in the middle of a robbery. SWAT takes you out first.

xadrez
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/adsantos13/untitled.jpg

Wes ManTooth
12-07-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F***ing Chuck Norris

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F***ing Chuck Norris

[/ QUOTE ]

heheheh awsome

TimM
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know when you're the good guy in a movie or real life or something and you end up saving the day and capturing the bad guys and there's somehow like millions of dollars involved (like maybe they had a truck filled with all the money from a vault or something or maybe they were drug dealers and you caught them in their lair that has bricks of money stored in the walls or something). Well anyway, when that happens, I think I'd always grab a couple of those bricks of money and stick them in my pocket. If this is like the pension fund money for a bunch of steel workers that some bad corporate guy is trying to steal, then I wouldn't take any. I'm mainly talking about situations where I am saving the day for some big faceless corporation or it is the bad dudes' money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean if it were like, some South African diplomat's drug smuggling profits?