PDA

View Full Version : Best Omaha Hi/Lo Books?

12-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm thinking _How to Win at Omaha High-Low Poker_ by Mike Cappelletti and _High-Low-Split Poker_ by Ray Zee would be the wisest investments for an aspiring novice. Is that the general consensus?

dcasper70
12-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Look into Tenner & Kreiger also.

jthegreat
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I read the Zee book, but to be perfectly honest, it wasn't very helpful. Most everything I've learned was through playing and posting/reading hand histories.

benfranklin
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking _How to Win at Omaha High-Low Poker_ by Mike Cappelletti and _High-Low-Split Poker_ by Ray Zee would be the wisest investments for an aspiring novice. Is that the general consensus?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Bad choices for a novice.

There have been many recent threads on this topic in this forum. Scroll back, or do a search. If you don't know how to do a search, read the Beginners forum.

Also, read the Omaha/8 forum, especially the FAQ.

benfranklin
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read the Zee book, but to be perfectly honest, it wasn't very helpful. Most everything I've learned was through playing and posting/reading hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zee's book is generally considered to be the best book available on the subject. I have read pretty much everything there is out there, and agree. It is, not however, a book for someone new to the game.