PDA

View Full Version : OOP on this turn

Getliquid
12-07-2005, 01:01 PM
hi guys,
I'm taking a break from NLHE and trying to improve my PLO game for the past week or so. So far doing very well, mostly nut-peddling. Finding being out of position very tough.

Villian seems good, will use position to take pots.

1-2 PLO Stars, Villian has ~350, hero covers.

Hero is cutoff with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Preflop: 2 limpers, Hero pots, Button (villian) calls, limpers call.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 EP check, Hero bets pot, villian calls, 2 EP fold

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot is 120 or so, Villian has 300 left.
WTF now?

thx

12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Why do you pot this flop? Your definetly going to get a call here from someone and then your building a pot w/ only an over-pair. I think this is a check/fold flop but that may be weak/tight. Preflop im not being the first one raising with AAxx, even if it is double-suited (unless u raise with a lot of hands). But suffice 2 say, u tried to isolate and get 3 callers, you should shut down on this flop unless u flop a monster. Your building a pot with a very weak hand.

Crunchii
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Only an overpair?

Try straight draw!

Getliquid
12-07-2005, 02:17 PM
ziz: meh, i guess your right.
I thought I might take it down here, plus I do have 7 outs to the nuts.
Preflop is still a limp,even in LP?

jhall23
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ziz: meh, i guess your right.
I thought I might take it down here, plus I do have 7 outs to the nuts.
Preflop is still a limp,even in LP?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF limp in LP, bah! You have a great hand it's not like it is AArag. Your double suited and you have good position. No reason not to raise. If you don't raise this what do you raise with from the CO? I mean it's fine to limp and play a pot with more people too, but there's no good reason not to raise this unless a raise here always puts you squarely on AA. Even then your hand can hit multi-way and if the might put you on AA but if you hit a good muti-way flop your side cards can put them in bad shape.

Flop I probably check with 3 others in the pot, with the drawy board you won't pick this up much. Especially with tricky guy on your left who you say uses position to pick up pots. I'd prefer a much drier board and/or a more shorthanded pot to try and pick this up on the flop.

The Ah turn is interesting cause now we know that he wasn't drawing to the nuts or nut bluff. If you check your begging this guy to try and pick up the pot which may not be a bad thing if you think he does this very light and you likely have the best hand. I'm not sure yet what I like on the turn. Would like to hear what others have to say.

Some additional info on villian might help. Any history between you guys? Do you normally CB and then give up on the turn and would he know? Do you think he would call on the flop with a non-nut flush draw and put money in if he hits? Doe you feel you have an Fold Equity from weakish flushes?