PDA

View Full Version : OOT UFC

Boris
12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I tossed this idea out to some Platinum Members last night and it might be a good idea for CC III. First round fights will be among posters who have business they need to take care of. If you are a badass and have to fight another badass in the first round then tough luck. This contest isn't about second place. We can reseed the brackets after the first round. So let me know what you think or who you want to fight in first round. Some matches are obvious. Like I need to discuss a few things with Paluka and make him better understand my point of view. So Boris v. Paluka is in the first round. Other obvious first round matches are Sucker v. BK, mslif v. Mrs. Utah and GoG v. Capt. zeebo. I think badbeetz also has some issues with Hakee.

Gunny Highway
12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
How long do fighters get to train, and what kind of rules? Standard cage rules? No biting, eye-gouging or fishhooks, but everything else goes?

samjjones
12-07-2005, 01:07 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/c4/150px-Robert_Pulson_with_Jack.jpg.jpg

asofel
12-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I get dibs on Tyler Durden. Given the results of our arm wrestling match last week, I'm pretty sure i can pull some sweet WWF style moves...

Boris
12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Standard UFC rules.

As a high stakes poker player you should always be prepared to kick ass.

Boris
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Looks like you've got Jihad in the first round.

mslif
12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
I have no business against Mrs. Utah, you can cancel that fight.

Ulysses
12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Boris,

What about jason_t vs jakethebake?

jba
12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
someone start some business with me, this thread will be fine

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you've got Jihad in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Do I have business with samjones? Either I'm missing a joke about the man-hug picture, or I forgot some sort of thread-feud.

Boris
12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I think JTB might be dead. But yea, if he's alive that sounds like as good a match as any.

Boris
12-07-2005, 02:38 PM
No joke bro. I didn't like Sammy messing up my thread with man hug pics. You sound like a badass so you can do my dirty work and kick sam's butt.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No joke bro. I didn't like Sammy messing up my thread with man hug pics. You sound like a badass so you can do my dirty work and kick sam's butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok. Its on then. I just wish I knew WTF was going on here.

Gunny Highway
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard UFC rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

The UFC has really gone sissy in the few years since I last watched:

[ QUOTE ]
Fouls

1. Butting with the head.

2. Eye gouging of any kind.

3. Biting.

4. Hair pulling.

5. Fish hooking.

6. Groin attacks of any kind.

7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.

8. Small joint manipulation.

9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.

11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.

12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.

13. Grabbing the clavicle.

14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.

15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.

16. Stomping a grounded opponent.

17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.

18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.

19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.

20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.

21. Spitting at an opponent.

22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.

23. Holding the ropes or the fence.

24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.

25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.

26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.

27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.

28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.

29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

30. Interference by the corner.

31. Throwing in the towel during competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is left?

haakee
12-07-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think badbeetz also has some issues with Hakee.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had an unsanctioned UFC maybe 2 years ago. It ended in a stalemate, although I did have a rugburn on my forehead for a week or so that I had to explain to some co-workers.

tonypaladino
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[censored] these crazy pussy rules. 2 men enter, one man leaves.

jba
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] these crazy pussy rules. 2 men enter, one man leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you talking to me bitch?

tdarko
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
el d,

does jake get to use his machine gun?

worried,
~td

samjjones
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
The pic was a Fight Club joke, obviously over Boris' head. His attempts to provoke some sort of feud between Jihad and myself will go unrewarded.

-Skeme-
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I want to fight Sponger. Nobody else.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The pic was a Fight Club joke, obviously over Boris' head. His attempts to provoke some sort of feud between Jihad and myself will go unrewarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late. Its on.

Yeti
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
UFC should have two rules. No kicks to the groin. Home for dinner.

diebitter
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UFC should have two rules. No kicks to the groin. Home for dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pussy. It should have 1 rule

1. THERE ARE NO RULES!

LAGmaniac
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I've got a beef with all of OOT and will take on all comers*.

*<font color="white"> that are out of shape and weigh less than 165lbs. </font>

samjjones
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
http://pfellows.club.fr/goodfullsize/3oclockhigh.jpg

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
u need weight classes. esp for untrained fighters, as weight is a massive advantage.

12-07-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to fight Sponger. Nobody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adebisi, it's OVER!

bad beetz
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
As the new spear-head for Crimson Challenge I believe this thread has merit, but little chance of succeeding. Let’s begin with a thread of who is actually willing to participate in a UFC style bracket.

Reply to this thread and ad yourself if you would seriously be willing to step into the ring. You have no choice over who you fight, other than you will not have to fight anyone 20lbs difference from your weight. Assume that the fight will be in 1-2 months.

Do not reply jokingly to this thread less this event actually happen and you get called out to be a giant pussy. For example, I myself, while I’d like to think of myself as not a giant pussy, am in now way considering fighting in such a match.

So, begin….

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Bad Beetz,

I'm down. San Diego. One rule, I have to be able to wear a turban during my fight. The fight will stop whenever the turban falls off.

-Jihad

bad beetz
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
you may pick who to fight, but do not say, "I will fight so an so," without meaning it. If you get called out and back down we will make sure you look like the chump you are.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Any of this going down near chicago? I might be winning to fight someone in the 175-190 range.

BWebb
12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I actually might be willing to get into this, depending on when and where. I'm only 5'8", 160 lbs. and don't really have beef with anyone, but it could be fun.

LAGmaniac
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Well I'm considering it because it might be fun but I have a few reservations. I'm kinda small, out of shape, have no stamina or fighting experience whatsoever, and no health insurance.

Other than that I'm good to go.

BWebb
12-07-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm considering it because it might be fun but I have a few reservations. I'm kinda small, out of shape, have no stamina or fighting experience whatsoever, and no health insurance.

Other than that I'm good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talking to me? I think I found some beef.

Boris
12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
I will fight you in place of Sponger if I get to take his mom on a date.

LAGmaniac
12-07-2005, 08:17 PM
hahaha, don't underestimate me. I have the first three UFC champhionships on tape!

Actually I'm about the same size as you and I think you live in Northern California so this might work. We just need to throw a few insults back and forth and we'll have a full fledged grudge match.

P.S. Your Mom

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually might be willing to get into this, depending on when and where. I'm only 5'8", 160 lbs. and don't really have beef with anyone, but it could be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I challenge you. Um...you're gay...and your mom's a hooker. He said the weight-difference limit was 80 lbs, right? Then yeah, 235 squeaks in.

BWebb
12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I challenge you. Um...you're gay...and your mom's a hooker. He said the weight-difference limit was 80 lbs, right? Then yeah, 235 squeaks in.

[/ QUOTE ]

80?!?!? That's like half of me. Don't underestimate me, I'm a biter. I also just got done watching Kickboxer last night, so I have the training routine down.

BWebb
12-07-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, don't underestimate me. I have the first three UFC champhionships on tape!

Actually I'm about the same size as you and I think you live in Northern California so this might work. We just need to throw a few insults back and forth and we'll have a full fledged grudge match.

P.S. Your Mom

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh, I think your mouth it writing checks your butt can't cash. You couldn't smooth a silk shirt if you had a date with a hot babe....I lost my train of thought.

slickpoppa
12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As the new spear-head for Crimson Challenge I believe this thread has merit, but little chance of succeeding. Let’s begin with a thread of who is actually willing to participate in a UFC style bracket.

Reply to this thread and ad yourself if you would seriously be willing to step into the ring. You have no choice over who you fight, other than you will not have to fight anyone 20lbs difference from your weight. Assume that the fight will be in 1-2 months.

Do not reply jokingly to this thread less this event actually happen and you get called out to be a giant pussy. For example, I myself, while I’d like to think of myself as not a giant pussy, am in now way considering fighting in such a match.

So, begin….

[/ QUOTE ]

20 pounds is way too much of a weight difference, especially for people in the 140-180 range.

LAGmaniac
12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6262/ootclubcopy9sb.jpg

JihadOnTheRiver
12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

80?!?!? That's like half of me. Don't underestimate me, I'm a pillow- biter.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up now biatch?

LAGmaniac
12-07-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

20 pounds is way too much of a weight difference, especially for people in the 140-180 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the UFC weight classes, we should use these

* Lightweight: 145 to 155 lb (66 to 70 kg)
* Welterweight: 155 to 170 lb (70 to 77 kg)
* Middleweight: 170 to 185 lb (77 to 84 kg)
* Light heavyweight: 185 to 205 lb (84 to 93 kg)
* Heavyweight: 205 to 265 lb (93 to 120 kg)

Matt Flynn
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
If OOT puts up $300 I will cage match with Boris and Sucker. But, the fight cannot be watched.

btw what is a fish hook?

jba
12-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Matt,

a fish hook is inserting your fishhook-shaped index finger into the person's mouth and pulling on the corner of their mouth. basically you could rip their cheek open.

Tron
12-08-2005, 12:40 AM
5'8", 145 pounds, 19 years, Los Angeles, HOLLA!

P.S. These are my current stats; you can count on me training hard and putting on a couple pounds if given ample time.

BWebb
12-08-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up now biatch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever fatboy. I'll make you have flashbacks of being a punk kid getting beat up by an adult.

tolbiny
12-08-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So, begin….

[/ QUOTE ]

We also need a rule stating that you have to disclose your history- trainging or experience in fighting. We don't want a guy with JV wrestling experience in high school (ie me) going up against a former marine. While some of you would enjoy seeing me beaten to death, i ain't getting involved unless i am reasonably assured that i am not going to be helpless.

Also i have beef with cRAIG, but i have reservations about fighting a cokehead. You had better be clean.

EDIT: and i weigh about 175- and live in cleveland. If wew are tapign this for oot, and they want to pay my travel expenses to chicago i would match up twith whoever it was that posted, i hear hes not a very nice person at all.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-08-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up now biatch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever fatboy. I'll make you have flashbacks of being a punk kid getting beat up by an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make your fat wife abort your baby deep in the third trimester once she finds out what a penis wrinkle you are.

nothumb
12-08-2005, 01:50 AM
We did this a while ago and I called out Dead, but he kinda backed out. I think his excuse was that his fake ID wouldn't work in NYC so we couldn't go out afterwards.

I live in Western MA and would fight a light heavyweight with no serious training. I haven't ever had any formal training, although I am a seasoned backyard wrestler (as poster InchoateHand can attest). I have also been beaten many times and stabbed once so I don't shy away from a good fight.

6', 205, and I work with kids. Who wants it?

NT

Tron
12-08-2005, 01:59 AM
I'm upset that no one has acknowledged the brilliance of this yet. This is brilliant!

Also, someone challenge me!

bad beetz
12-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Obviously the chance of this every happening is slim to none. It’s only hope is two people outright saying and meaning that they will throw down against each other.

BUT…. For giggles… here are the current match ups. If anyone is truly willing to participate than say so as a pair.

Current rules are exactly like UFC, we will also hold the UFC wait classes that were posted by Lag Maniac (you can step outside of your weight class at your own risk):

• Lightweight: 145 to 155 lb (66 to 70 kg)
* Welterweight: 155 to 170 lb (70 to 77 kg)
* Middleweight: 170 to 185 lb (77 to 84 kg)
* Light heavyweight: 185 to 205 lb (84 to 93 kg)
* Heavyweight: 205 to 265 lb (93 to 120 kg)

Also, the only added rule thus far will be that you have to disclose something about your fight history so we don’t get ex-seals’ stomping mud holes in people like me (I beat up some 1st graders and I’ve taken some heavy punches, but never got the chance to return the favor :-) )

POSSIBLE MATCH UPS:

Sucker v. Bycycle kick
Boris v. Paluka
GoG v. Capt. zeebo.
Asofel v. TylerDurden
jason_t v jakethebake
skeme v. sponger
lagmaniac v. everyone
case closed v. anyone in his weight class
bwebb v. Jihad
tolbiny v. craig
NoThumb v. Dead
tron v. anyone in his weight class

BWebb
12-08-2005, 02:10 AM
I like talking [censored], but no way I'm fighting Jihad. He has about 80 lbs, I'll fight tron or lagmaniac if this goes down.

SackUp
12-08-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm in SD. I'd do the middleweight or light heavyweight.

Bring it don't sing it biatches!

The Truth
12-08-2005, 02:12 AM
I am about 186, but I'll end up fighting around 180.

So, I am a middle weight.

I am willing to roll with whomever.

Fighting history: I trained NHB for about 2 1/2 years during end of high school start of college. I am 22 now.
NHB is just general mixed martial arts; our training program was similar to what you see on that Ultimate Fighter show.

blake

Go_Blue88
12-08-2005, 02:22 AM
I might be willing to fight someone...do our potential injuries get us anything other than providing entertainment for others? I was on the boxing team for a while...that's the limit of my "training."

The only poster who bothers me on this site is Yeti, n I'd love to fight him.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-08-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in SD. I'd do the middleweight or light heavyweight.

Bring it don't sing it biatches!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me

tolbiny
12-08-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm upset that no one has acknowledged the brilliance of this yet. This is brilliant!

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight class/experience?

Tron
12-08-2005, 03:02 AM
I just realized that becuase of, ahem, cosmetic reasons I can't participate until mid-April. (Seriously, I can't have my face messed up).

However, I am absolutely committed and would definitely like to do it around then.

Tron
12-08-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight class/experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently 5'8", 145. As far as experience goes, I wrestled when I was a freshman in high school and my friends and I would sometimes box in each other's backyards during our freshman and sophomore years.

I'm currently 19 and a sophomore in college and haven't been in a fight since.

Also, note that I just posted that I won't be able to do this until mid-April because I need my face to be lookin' good until then.

tolbiny
12-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Thats cool- give me some time to procrastinate getting in shape.
but i gotta know your weight class/experience. I have no desire to get the ever loving crap kicked out of me without landing a shot, and i have little desire to beat someone to a pulp who has no chance.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-08-2005, 03:14 AM
I should add that I live in the chicago suburbs.

Tron
12-08-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats cool- give me some time to procrastinate getting in shape.
but i gotta know your weight class/experience. I have no desire to get the ever loving crap kicked out of me without landing a shot, and i have little desire to beat someone to a pulp who has no chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

*ahem* Post immediately below the one you replied to *ahem*

Go_Blue88
12-08-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should add that I live in the chicago suburbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

which suburb man?

imported_CaseClosed326
12-08-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't know. I think it's the Northwest suburbs. Near naperville and stuff.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-08-2005, 03:36 AM
Am I the only MFr in the heavyweight division that's not a fat ass?

Go_Blue88
12-08-2005, 03:36 AM
You don't know where you live? I'm from Highland Park, so I'm assuming you live pretty close to me.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-08-2005, 03:46 AM
I know where I live. I just am not sure what my suburbs is called. http://www.frappr.com/ootforum maybe you should check that out.

LAGmaniac
12-08-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

lagmaniac v. everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it sounded cool to say on the internet, my mouth may have been writing checks that my ass can't cash, as was noted earlier. I would be willing to fight someone in my weight class though. I'm 5'9" 165 lbs. Like I said before I'm out of shape, and have no fighting or weight training experience.

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously the chance of this every happening is slim to none.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have to be. In order to get this organized we need to get some possible locations for the fights, as well as a prize pool to get some more interest. I live in San Francisco and can look for some spots around here.

Also some more specifics on the rules would be good. I would vote for requiring people to wear lightweight MMA gloves, and to fight on a padded mat or in a boxing ring.

Another thing that would be good is setting a rough date estimate for when these will take place. I would vote for holding them a few months from now. If so, I'm going to use this as an incentive to get a gym membership and get in shape.

Boris
12-08-2005, 04:13 AM
give some time to figure something out as far as the venue goes.

jba
12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
give some time to figure something out as far as the venue goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this really needs to take place on an appropriate surface eg. wrestling mat, and there needs to be certain people there like referee, medical personnel, etc, or you are just asking for trouble.

Boris
12-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Give me a break dude. OOT UFC contestants are not a bunch of pussies. grass will do just fine for a fighting surface. we don't need no medical peoples either.

jba
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
ok have fun at the people's court

Boris
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
I'd rather check-raise my mom on her birthday than get in a cage with Matt Flynn. You never know he just might get a taste for human flesh. The guy is that badass.

J-Lo
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I'd SIIHP, Judge Millian.

imported_anacardo
12-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Have you considered upping the ante? Edged weapon, first blood, perhaps? I've been a fencer my entire adult life, and know a few 2+2ers I'd be game to get en garde with.

samjjones
12-08-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered upping the ante? Edged weapon, first blood, perhaps? I've been a fencer my entire adult life, and know a few 2+2ers I'd be game to get en garde with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Screw it. Just go all the way...

http://www.film-o-holic.com/widerscreen/pictures/1999/4_1999_hullu_maailma_pic10.jpg

bad beetz
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
It will get taken seriously the first time Y says, "I will fight X!" and X says, "I will fight Y!"

Then we'll think about locations, details, possible other fights/brackets.

BCPVP
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can find me a sharp katana, I might be up for it!

jackdaniels
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can find me a sharp katana, I might be up for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can provide this!

BCPVP
12-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Lives in Texas, though. I'm only on the other side of the country. Plus if he's done fencing for a while, he'd dice me up.